• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Best way to feed slings?

Tarantula1994

They do much better hunting prey. But if it is a really small sling and you are to worried you can do a pre killed sling will normal that them there way.

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
Years ago, I used pinhead crickets for tiny Brachypelma slings. Now I use red runner roach pinheads which are about the same size, but far easier to manage. All of my Brachypelma slings have always been beastly voracious eaters and I never had any problem getting any of them taking live prey.

Mugsy

One of my B hamorii just took its food down its burrow is this normal?

Attachments

• 20181217_163459.jpg
    20181217_163459.jpg
    763.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 20181217_163525.jpg
    20181217_163525.jpg
    888.8 KB · Views: 38

Bananahead

3 Year Member
I just feed my little slings red runner nymphs. Sometimes I'll crush them a bit so my more timid slings will munch them, but i have never had any problems.

RonC

3 Year Member
Pre-killed the smallest cricket I had and put it in my A.mods enclosure. It's been sitting there watching it squirm and kick for at least an hour but hasn't gone in to eat. Hasn't eaten any mealworm filets either since I got it. That's the cricket at the corner of the cork bark.
IMG_0564.JPG

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Pre-killed the smallest cricket I had and put it in my A.mods enclosure. It's been sitting there watching it squirm and kick for at least an hour but hasn't gone in to eat. Hasn't eaten any mealworm filets either since I got it. That's the cricket at the corner of the cork bark. View attachment 34093
Looks pretty fat to me...I'd put a water bottle cap of water in there. It maybe in premolt.

Latest posts