• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Best picture ap

Seekeroftruth

Whats the best picture app (android tablets) for taking pictures of t's? I would like one with a short learning curve. My pictures come out incredibly blurry no matter what i do.i would love to share more t related stuff with you all but my crappy camera has prevented me from doing this.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My son says, try cleaning the lens as a first stop as even a hair can cause blurring. Otherwise apparently Snapchat is good.

Tarantulafeets

I started out using the camera app that came on my phone, worked well for me and has many options. Cameras on phones and tablets these days are pretty good, but you can't really change aperture and iso and all that other stuff like on a traditional camera because it does it itself. (Which is the main reason why I got a traditional camera.) To maybe reduce the blur you can try using an additional light source, which (I think) will make your device make the shutter speed faster, reducing blur, also makes the object brighter if in a dark space.
Here's an example of some blankets that I took right now with my phone:
Without flashlight
20210607_082609.jpg

With flashlight
20210607_082603.jpg

A clip on macro lens can also help you focus closer to an object than your phone normally would, and there are many different options available. I used to use a xenvo clip on macro lens when I started out, and that company seems to make pretty good lenses right now.

If you want to go the extra mile and edit your photos to make them better, I'd recommend snapseed, as it is free with no ads and has a lot of options. It might be confusing at first, but I eventually got the hang of it, and it really helps spice up the final product.

I'm not a professional at all, just a hobbyist that likes to take pictures of my land octopi, so hopefully this helps, but take my words with a grain of salt.

Teresaisrad

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I started out using the camera app that came on my phone, worked well for me and has many options. Cameras on phones and tablets these days are pretty good, but you can't really change aperture and iso and all that other stuff like on a traditional camera because it does it itself. (Which is the main reason why I got a traditional camera.) To maybe reduce the blur you can try using an additional light source, which (I think) will make your device make the shutter speed faster, reducing blur, also makes the object brighter if in a dark space.
Here's an example of some blankets that I took right now with my phone:
Without flashlight
View attachment 57607

With flashlight
View attachment 57608

A clip on macro lens can also help you focus closer to an object than your phone normally would, and there are many different options available. I used to use a xenvo clip on macro lens when I started out, and that company seems to make pretty good lenses right now.

If you want to go the extra mile and edit your photos to make them better, I'd recommend snapseed, as it is free with no ads and has a lot of options. It might be confusing at first, but I eventually got the hang of it, and it really helps spice up the final product.

I'm not a professional at all, just a hobbyist that likes to take pictures of my land octopi, so hopefully this helps, but take my words with a grain of salt.
I think increasing the lighting sources is amazing advice. It really will help crisp up the photo. Also look into the camera settings on your phone. You can often change some setting like FPS (frames per second) and recording in 4K rather than 1080p.
If you have an iphone shooting live is helpful as well as burst shots.

Latest posts