• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beginner Centipedes

Spotted Bull

I have recently become very interested in keeping a centipede or two (or three or four or...) and was wondering what the experienced keepers here would recommend as their top 5 best beginner species of centipedes. I have a little experience with arachnids, as I have two T’s, Aphonopelma chalcodes and Brachypelma albopilosum and a Pandinus imperator. Any tips on care and husbandry would also be greatly appreciated. This will give me a starting point in doing a bunch of my own research. Thanks in advance for your time.

MBullock

3 Year Member
i would recommend getting cheap meat scraps for centipedes rather than live prey- especially larger pede species. offal like chicken is very cheap and you get alot for your money- 3 bucks gets you enough to last a few months if portioned and frozen.

i actually have a friend that picks up fresh roadkilled snakes for his pedes.

you could also just go to a pond and catch a bunch of bluegill and use those too.