• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B.Boehmei has orange abdomen

Dyron.s

I’ve had my B.Boehmei for 2 weeks now. I noticed that she has a orange spot on het abdomen. She declines food and stays in the same place for quite some time now.
I think she is in pre molt. but then again the colours should get darker instead of lighter. I just want her to be okey :)
Has anyone experience with this happening? And if so, what is it?

Attachments

• D6F337FD-C0C6-4877-943F-7FBE455A08B5.jpeg
    D6F337FD-C0C6-4877-943F-7FBE455A08B5.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 40

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello friend,
She might be in premolt but it could also be that she ate a lot in a short amount of time. She is for sure not starving :)
As they eat, the T's abdomen expend and stretches. Often it starts with a small abdomen covered with darker hairs but as she ingest more and more food the skin will stretch and being visible a lot more as you'll have more and more skin for the same amount of hairs. I hope this helps and I would recommend taking a break on the food for a little while ;)
Cheers.

Dyron.s

Hello friend,
She might be in premolt but it could also be that she ate a lot in a short amount of time. She is for sure not starving :)
As they eat, the T's abdomen expend and stretches. Often it starts with a small abdomen covered with darker hairs but as she ingest more and more food the skin will stretch and being visible a lot more as you'll have more and more skin for the same amount of hairs. I hope this helps and I would recommend taking a break on the food for a little while ;)
Cheers.

Dyron.s

Thanks for the info :) i haven’t fed her myself in the 2 weeks i have had her. Maybe the store i bought it from overfed the t and thats what happend. Does this mean that post molt, the abdomen Will be all black again?

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thanks for the info :) i haven’t fed her myself in the 2 weeks i have had her. Maybe the store i bought it from overfed the t and thats what happend. Does this mean that post molt, the abdomen Will be all black again?
She might have been flicking out hair as well if she was bothered or scared at the store or during her rehousing. Do not worry, she will get everything back and some more on her next molt.

Dyron.s

She might have been flicking out hair as well if she was bothered or scared at the store or during her rehousing. Do not worry, she will get everything back and some more on her next molt.
Thats what i thought in the first place, i really hope she is in pre molt. Thanks for all the info :)

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thats what i thought in the first place, i really hope she is in pre molt. Thanks for all the info :)
She looks like she is :)
Monitor her abdomen appearance everyday. It will darken slowly. Once it is gloss black the molt will be imminent. Cheers.