• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B. Boehmei and B.Vagans

Stat

3 Year Member
Not to worried but want to just make sure both had 3 crickets over a week and have now burrowed out of site but completely sealed their burrows with mud lol. Just want to see if this is normal I believe it to be and they could be molting both are around an inch I cannot see them so mainly want to make sure they will be ok digging back out.

Cheers for any advice.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Yes they'll be fine. They are likely hiding because they are full and have no need to be out waiting for prey, though moulting is always a possibility. 3 crickets each a week is a lot. 1 very small cricket every 3-5 days would be more than enough. If they'll take it. Some of my slings will only feed every 7-10 days and they are perfectly healthy.

They will be fine digging back out too.

Stat

3 Year Member
Yeah it was most likely over 8-9 days just rough estimating a week. Thanks for the information just helps to have your thoughts confirmed when your new to slings.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I usually only end up feeding once a week regardless of size. When you have a lot, you tend to set a night aside specifically for feeding so it does no harm at all.

Stat

3 Year Member
I put a cricket in both enclosures the red rump got it at some point in the night. The fire leg no where to be seen still thing must be literally in the middle of the coco fibre lol.