• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Avic Avic?

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
With so many (re)classifications and morph types, just thought I would see if any avic experts can verify Avic Avic for me
@Avicularia Kael @Arachnoclown @sdsnybny @Casey K. @Kaden Alexander and anyone else happy for your comments. :)
20200729_185123.jpg

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I don't know. The abdominal setae and the overall coloration of this Avicularia is screaming "blue velvet" (which is now a color variant under Avicularia avicularia) or Avicularia geroldi. Possibly M6 (blue coloration). I could be wrong. I'm not too good at identifying avics. All I know is that I know how big she is (from what you've told me) and I've never seen an Avicularia avicularia (pet shop/hobby form) get that large or have that coloration after x amount of molts. If I had to choose one of the three,
I would go with M6.

Avicularia Kael

I’m actually not much of an expert, I just named myself that because I like the species lol. I used to know the morphs but I have forgotten them besides M6 (ex Metallica) as Casey K. has shown.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I don't know. The abdominal setae and the overall coloration of this Avicularia is screaming "blue velvet" (which is now a color variant under Avicularia avicularia) or Avicularia geroldi. Possibly M6 (blue coloration). I could be wrong. I'm not too good at identifying avics. All I know is that I know how big she is (from what you've told me) and I've never seen an Avicularia avicularia (pet shop/hobby form) get that large or have that coloration after x amount of molts. If I had to choose one of the three,
I would go with M6.
The picture makes her look small but she is eating a large locust and is actually 6.5 inches DLS on the moult. I might try and get some more pics with and without flash later today :)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The picture makes her look small but she is eating a large locust and is actually 6.5 inches DLS on the moult. I might try and get some more pics with and without flash later today :)

Yeah that can't be your average avic avic....she's too big.

Latest posts