• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Avic avic pink toe adult feeding female please help

Bshelly101

Someone please help my tartanula Astrid the avic is 4 inches I got her from an expo not to long ago I am currently feeding her Dubia roaches I gave her 2 in a week and 1 in a week how often and how many dubia roaches do I need to feed her I don’t want her to die

Mr. P

3 Year Member
She is not going to die, T's can go a seriously long time without eating and a week or two is nothing. Not sure that Dubias are the best for Avics as the dubias do not move very much and Avics are pretty much ambush hunters. I have several Avics and I usually use crickets or Red Runners as they are constantly moving around and really get their attention.

Ed Zeppelin

3 Year Member
I have two A. avics that prefer crickets over doobie roaches. Thankfully I have an LP that will eat almost anything. She's fed twice a week. One time she refused a PB&J sammich, but only bcuz I was out of milk.:DI save the doobies for her, mixed in with a cricket now and then just for a little variety.
:T:

Last edited: