• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Arizona blonde help

BamBam007

hi! My Arizona blonde molted in the last couple of months. Before it did it had a bare spot on its abdomen. After the molt it was still there and only getting bigger. I’ve not noticed any strange behavior and it’s appetite is there. I apologize for the green lighting, my flashlight needs new batteries, but you can see the spot. I don’t know what it is or what to do. Help please!

Attachments

• D204CA6B-7E55-4896-8BEF-7AE4FA7AE1DB.jpeg
    D204CA6B-7E55-4896-8BEF-7AE4FA7AE1DB.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
  • E41B1B1D-70DD-4670-9DAC-43C48062E1BD.jpeg
    E41B1B1D-70DD-4670-9DAC-43C48062E1BD.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It looks like she is kicking urticating hairs. That can be stress or just lining the entrances to the hide or burrow. While unsightly, it's harmless. Any new world tarantula can do this.

BamBam007

Oh thank you. I couldn’t find anything in my books and nothing seems abnormal outside of the appearance of it. I did just recently redo the tanks a little. I appreciate the help!

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
hi! My Arizona blonde molted in the last couple of months. Before it did it had a bare spot on its abdomen. After the molt it was still there and only getting bigger. I’ve not noticed any strange behavior and it’s appetite is there. I apologize for the green lighting, my flashlight needs new batteries, but you can see the spot. I don’t know what it is or what to do. Help please!
Is your spider getting daylight? Or other light during the day?

AndrewClayton

Hey, can you post some pics of the full setup? It looks like there is a few things that should be done to improve living, like there should be way more substrate in there it looks like there is about 1/4 inch deep in you’re pic and what is it that’s getting used looks quite rough, you don’t want youre T to get injured if it falls. I wouldn’t believe what you read in books it’s mostly outdated information as the Tarantula hobby is forever evolving

Latest posts