• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Area Tarantula Narrowly Escapes Structure Fire

smallbike

3 Year Member
My apartment building caught on fire today... but I saved my spider! No fewer than 5 news crews took photos of her, they just couldn’t get enough of her lol. Given the situation, my spider getting so much attention was so funny and helped me through this crazy day.

(Me and the cat are okay too ;), it just sucks a lot.)

Attachments

• 32D59127-7F38-4D60-8FF7-8E2D10869F54.jpeg
    32D59127-7F38-4D60-8FF7-8E2D10869F54.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 44
  • C3101151-8532-4754-9690-80B143286782.jpeg
    C3101151-8532-4754-9690-80B143286782.jpeg
    492.5 KB · Views: 103

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My apartment building caught on fire today... but I saved my spider! No fewer than 5 news crews took photos of her, they just couldn’t get enough of her lol. Given the situation, my spider getting so much attention was so funny and helped me through this crazy day.

sorry to hear about the fire @smallbike -glad you ,your cat and your T are all ok:)
must be awful for you hope for the best for the situation for the three of you-but your spider is now a star of the local media so it seems:D

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

glad everyone managed to get out safe and well. Hope you have temporary accommodation and somewhere to call home until things get sorted. On a completely different side note. I want to live in Emeryville!!! My surname is Emery, that would be so cool.

smallbike

3 Year Member
Thanks everyone! We’ve got a hotel for 2 nights, and I have friends in the area I can crash with for a bit if I need to. I have yet to go back and assess the damage, but it was deemed unlivable because of damage to the rest of the building, and was flooded and likely has smoke damage. I do have renters insurance though, so everything will be ok, even if it’s gonna be a huge pain for a while (especially given how hard it is to find housing in the Bay Area).

Anyway, I’m very proud to be the mom of the west coast’s most famous tarantula! :D:T:

Latest posts