• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

arboreal enclosure idea....

tarantulas

I need some inspiration for the idea of arboreal enclosure for my juvenile Y. diversipes. I'm not that creative at "decoration." Please share your arboreal enclosures that are similar to Y. diversipes. Thank you!

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
How big is your juvanile? My small Juvies go into largish deli cups, with a piece of bark with some leaves hot glued to it. So nothing exotic, just something to climb on & some cover.

My enclosure is way too large for my pink toe. So she or he has claimed a Tupperware container that's inside the enclosure.

I may be still new at this to be commenting on anything with spooders. Reach out to @octanejunkie. He has helped me and stopped me from freaking out and stressing well everyone that I have talked to has. & I cannot thank them enough!

tarantulas

My enclosure is way too large for my pink toe. So she or he has claimed a Tupperware container that's inside the enclosure.

I may be still new at this to be commenting on anything with spooders. Reach out to @octanejunkie. He has helped me and stopped me from freaking out and stressing well everyone that I have talked to has. & I cannot thank them enough!
Ah, gotcha. I'm still learning too. I have my juvenile like around 3.5 and the enclosure is 8x8x12.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Looks like @Tinkerbell1315 flashed my batsignal. Thanks for the kind words. Hope your Avic is doing well.

Keep Y. diversipes like avicularia.

From my experience Ts do well with smaller spaces than larger for various reasons. Like tupperware, always use the next smaller size than you think you need.

That being said check this thread out for ideas
Thread 'Keeping Avicularia species - Updated with Pictures' https://www.tarantulaforum.com/threads/keeping-avicularia-species-updated-with-pictures.28934/

Last edited:
Looks like @Tinkerbell1315 flashed my batsignal. Thanks for the kind words. Hope your Avic is doing well.

From my experience Ts do well with smaller spaces than larger for various reasons. Like tupperware, always use the next smaller size than you think you need.

Thread 'Keeping Avicularia species - Updated with Pictures' https://www.tarantulaforum.com/threads/keeping-avicularia-species-updated-with-pictures.28934/
I got good new @octanejunkie pinky came out of the enclosure
received_465974164603463.jpeg

Attachments

• received_4521482951217688.jpeg
    received_4521482951217688.jpeg
    350 KB · Views: 15

tarantulas

Thank you! hugs!

Latest posts