• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

amazed by my L.P. juvenile feeding response! Wow!

lasiodora-parahybana1980

3 Year Member
So, earlier today when feeding my little L.P. juvenile, I had thought there was about 3 crickets in the critter keeper tube. Tapped some into the enclosure, and to my frustration, there actually had been about 6 crickets dumped in. I thought, "well, I guess I'll have to remove any uneaten crickets". However, within a couple minutes, "She" (hoping it's a she) gobbled them all like they were going out of style. My T is probably fed for a long while now. :)

Last edited:

lasiodora-parahybana1980

3 Year Member
They eat like garbage disposals. I have a L klugi which is very similar.

Still, do NOT play battle tongs with these guys.
Yeah, I know people who tong feed their T's, but I'm too chicken to do that right now. Especially, after seeing my little juvenile scarf up all those crickets. Literally chased one from across the enclosure; it was so cool, but not so much for the cricket. :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
[
Yeah, I know people who tong feed their T's, but I'm too chicken to do that right now. Especially, after seeing my little juvenile scarf up all those crickets. Literally chased one from across the enclosure; it was so cool, but not so much for the cricket. :)

I never tong feed, I'd rather let them hunt.