• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Addicted to buying tarantulas

PurplKush

I cant stop buying tarantulas it has been my addiction for years . Tarantulas already took over my brain and now taking over my room this is very good but very bad at the same time. How do i control it?

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I cant stop buying tarantulas it has been my addiction for years . Tarantulas already took over my brain and now taking over my room this is very good but very bad at the same time. How do i control it?
That's the wrong question to ask us, perhaps ask a therapist or someone who practices hypnotism. We have no self control either.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That's the wrong question to ask us, perhaps ask a therapist or someone who practices hypnotism. We have no self control either.

I use to work as a hypnotist & in mental health as a Social Worker & my wife still works in Mental Health as a Nurse & we both keep buying new T's etc. For example we went & brought some crickets earlier & she brought a Praying Mantis too.

gognomie

I tried to ban myself from buying any online, but then, at the time, I thought Brexit was around the corner so I bought a mystery box from Spiderworld because I wanted to experience getting one. Then I was having a bad week and The Spider Shop had some Eupalaestrus campestratus for sale so had to swoop in on that and whoops a mystery box ended up in my cart too and now I have 14.

I think I'm going to take Tom Moran's advice and curb it by now starting to make their tanks look fancy.

E

ExMember

I tried to ban myself from buying any online, but then, at the time, I thought Brexit was around the corner so I bought a mystery box from Spiderworld because I wanted to experience getting one. Then I was having a bad week and The Spider Shop had some Eupalaestrus campestratus for sale so had to swoop in on that and whoops a mystery box ended up in my cart too and now I have 14.

I think I'm going to take Tom Moran's advice and curb it by now starting to make their tanks look fancy.

I don't generally buy online but have the same problem at expos. I'll go and say buy 3 or 4 (or pick up preorders) and walk out with 7! The next one I may just buy a couple of AF's and pass on slings.

Congrats on the Eupalaestrus campestratus! I have never been more excited about a spider when I preordered it. Mine is a ridiculous faster though. Went almost 6 months between premolt to it's next feeding.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
There's a few more that I want that are on the back burner, but the next couple I'll be buying as slings will be ones that go through some nice colour changes, but I'm in no rush either way.

Latest posts