• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Acanthoscurria geniculata slings in their new pots

Ajbeardow

Just transferred my Whiteknee slings to a new pot (bit early but wanted to see them clearer without disturbing them) and thought I'd take a couple shots.

They're invert viewing pots, so have a magnifying lid, which is quite nice for seeing all their little details. They're out of direct light - don't want to tan them.

I've added a bit more substrate since as I was worried I'd left too much height for them.

20200513_122631.jpg20200513_122640.jpg20200513_122735.jpg20200513_123226.jpg

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just transferred my Whiteknee slings to a new pot (bit early but wanted to see them clearer without disturbing them) and thought I'd take a couple shots.

They're invert viewing pots, so have a magnifying lid, which is quite nice for seeing all their little details. They're out of direct light - don't want to tan them.

I've added a bit more substrate since as I was worried I'd left too much height for them.

View attachment 45909View attachment 45910View attachment 45911View attachment 45912
View attachment 45913
looking good pal :)
But then you did get them from one of the old timers (sorry 'veterans') on here...ha ha :D :D :D

where did you get them pots from? I like them and may invest in some for all the babies I have.

Ajbeardow

looking good pal :)
But then you did get them from one of the old timers (sorry 'veterans') on here...ha ha :D :D :D

where did you get them pots from? I like them and may invest in some for all the babies I have.

I'm never gonna live that down :p

They're on Amazon under Edu Sceince 61004 Standard Childrens Bug/Insect Viewer, Clear but you can only buy two at a time. I've seen the same type from Chinese sites, so if you have a dig you can probably find them in bulk.

They're nice and clear with plenty of height, about two sling pots stacked and nearly twice the diameter. Maybe worth buying a couple for your favourite slings if you can't find them in bulk?

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Regardless, these are about the size of the "small" amac-style T enclosures many T vendors carry, for less money than amacs plain, and with little to no labor; holes already drilled. Plus, they seem "stackable"

Are they stack-able? How tall can you safely stack them on a shelf, per say?

Also, why a dremel? Would a soldering iron work to burn holes in the side walls if one wanted to do so?

Ajbeardow

Regardless, these are about the size of the "small" amac-style T enclosures many T vendors carry, for less money than amacs plain, and with little to no labor; holes already drilled. Plus, they seem "stackable"

Also, why a dremel? Would a soldering iron work to burn holes in the side walls if one wanted to do so?

The tops on mine are flat, as are the bottoms. You could stack them without them toppling, but not securely. You could feasibly have two stacked up and would only knock them over if you physically touched them. Some of the other ones look as though they have a lip on the lid, which might make them more stackable?

The plastic on these is solid; a good 1-1.5mm thick for the walls - much thicker than typical storage tubs. An iron might go through, but it might not be as clean as on other containers. A dremel (or even just a drill) with a thin drill bit would probably make better work of it.

Ajbeardow

Oh, I wasn't familiar with the amac enclosures! They look about as thick, so if a soldering iron would go through them, it should go through these.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm never gonna live that down :p

They're on Amazon under Edu Sceince 61004 Standard Childrens Bug/Insect Viewer, Clear but you can only buy two at a time. I've seen the same type from Chinese sites, so if you have a dig you can probably find them in bulk.

They're nice and clear with plenty of height, about two sling pots stacked and nearly twice the diameter. Maybe worth buying a couple for your favourite slings if you can't find them in bulk?
Nope, you will never be forgiven for that....ha ha :D
Cheers, will have a look, no major rush so not bothered if they come from the bat eating capital of the world.

Latest posts