• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

(A. seemanni ~3") Does this set up look appropriate?

NorseDad

I wanted to get the opinion of people with more experience than myself on this enclosure I put together for my ~3" A. seemanni. Maybe I'm wrong for saying so, but I am trying to find a good balance of a nice looking display and meeting the ideal needs for the tarantula. The enclosure is the Exo Terra Mini Wide (12x12x12"). I am using EarthGro top soil as the substrate. I know that this one likes to burrow, so I did my best to set the enclosure up at an incline. It is ~8" deep at the highest point and ~4" at the front to allow the vents to work. I replaced the mesh lid with vented acrylic using aquarium safe silicone. I know the front shows condensation. The top soil was a bit moist, but I was also putting the enclosure together on my porch in the Florida humidity and heat. Please give me whatever feedback you have. If there is anything you believe I should change, please let me know.

IMG_5852.jpg

IMG_5849.jpg

IMG_5866.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5866.jpg
    IMG_5866.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6

NorseDad

EDIT: I also forgot to point out that there is a water dish in the enclosure. I hadn't put it in when I took the photos.