• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A avics and c versicolor not growing?

Seekeroftruth

I bought the avic September 10 2020 and to this day they are still slings. Almost a year later. Same thing with the versicolor which I bought slightly before the avics. All my other slings look like juveniles now and several of those started out much smaller than the avics and versicolor when I bought them.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That's unusual but not impossible. How many times have they molted in your care?

Can you describe your husbandry, share a few pics of your enclosures? What and how often are you feeding them?

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sounds about right...only 8 months. Takes about a year to reach 2" with a 3/4" sling, if your conditions are right. You can try uping the heat a little and feed them larger meals less often. Avics are a medium to slow growth species.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sounds about right...only 8 months. Takes about a year to reach 2" with a 3/4" sling, if your conditions are right. You can try uping the heat a little and feed them larger meals less often. Avics are a medium to slow growth species.
I would agree on the Avic but beg to differ for the Caribbean. I have 3 individuals from 2 different breeders and all 3 have been growing at a fairly fast pace.

Latest posts