• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. avic premolt question

Ed Zeppelin

3 Year Member
Hi, I'm back with what I hope isn't another dumb question. I have a couple of A. avics in Exo Terra Nanos. They have recently spun their first webs (at least since I've had 'em) and are nestled inside about 3" from the top. They have been there for about a week now and aren't eating.

Is this unusual behavior or could they be in premolt? I have been reading up about avics in premolt but no mention of them hanging out inside webs like this. These spiders are new to me so I haven't been down this road before.
:T:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Many arboreal Ts will web themselves in to moult in the same way a terrestrial T will web its hide or burrow shut.

Ed Zeppelin

3 Year Member
Many arboreal Ts will web themselves in to moult in the same way a terrestrial T will web its hide or burrow shut.
Thanx for the reply. I have a small LP (also new to me) that's seems to be doing the same thing in its hide. It's not upside down or anything like that, just not eating and wants to be alone I guess. Kinda weird all three (that's all I have) are doing this at the same time. Think maybe they decided to get into this molting thing together?? Haha
:T:

Latest posts