• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

4 B grade gimps, from The Spider Shop.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Earlier this morning the postman brought me, or should I say us, as the T's are now both mine & my wifes. But back to the postman. A £70 box of 4 B grade Tarantulas, (Gimps.) Arrive. These are all missing a leg, so nothing that a couple of moults will not put right.

On arrival I placed each T in a large sandwich container & left it to de stress a little in a larger enviroment than it's postage container, while I sorted out new larger enclosures for them. All were well packaged & thus all arrived safe & well & all showed that their enthusiasm for movement had not deserted them, as I rehomed them. None showing any signs of defensiveness or aggression. So postage could not have stressed them too much.

The four new arrivals are..

A sub adult/adult, Aphonopelma Seemanni. (Costa Rican Zebra.) Who made my wifes day & possibly year, by deciding it would much rather gently & slowly walk up her hand & would definitely not want, from choice, to leave her hands.

A sub adult/ adult. Avicularia avicularia. (Pink Toe.) Who is now happily within the cleaned arborial enclosure my Haitian Brown came to me in.

A 6-8cm Monocrentropus balfouri (Blue Baboon.) A T I would never had considered due to the Baboon name, but who reading a little about them, I would have missed out on a beautiful T as a result.

A 8 - 10cm Lasiodora parahybana. (Brazilian Salmon Pink.) Who was the most lively straight out of the postage containers. All the others just sat still. This one was off the moist wrapping & ready for a walk instantly.

I feel like I have done really well. I have at least one T that I would not currently have considered & all 4 are lovely T's. So I feel like it was not just money well spent, but real value for money. So if anyone else has looked at this offer & wondered, give it a go, my collection was very well received here.

I'll get some photo's later.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
That's great. I saw the gimp box listed. Now i can see it's worth every penny. You've got well over £70 worth there, and a fab, really interesting selection. If it were me, at this moment in time, the A. seemani is the one I would be particularly chuffed to have, had I placed an order (and received your box!)

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That's great. I saw the gimp box listed. Now i can see it's worth every penny. You've got well over £70 worth there, and a fab, really interesting selection. If it were me, at this moment in time, the A. seemani is the one I would be particularly chuffed to have, had I placed an order (and received your box!)

Sadly I got up this morning to find the Monocrentropus balfouri (Blue Baboon.) was dead:(:(:(

They had not been as lively as the others yesterday & had spent all day just sitting still in the open, but I thought that was just the stress of being delivered. This morning I opened the enclosure, as I just wanted to try & encourage them to move. I offered it some food in tweezers & nothing. It's an ex Tarantula.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Sadly I got up this morning to find the Monocrentropus balfouri (Blue Baboon.) was dead:(:(:(

They had not been as lively as the others yesterday & had spent all day just sitting still in the open, but I thought that was just the stress of being delivered. This morning I opened the enclosure, as I just wanted to try & encourage them to move. I offered it some food in tweezers & nothing. It's an ex Tarantula.

Ah so sorry. Love the monty python ref tho!
Maybe worth letting them know in case they can replace or send you something else

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ah so sorry. Love the monty python ref tho!
Maybe worth letting them know in case they can replace or send you something else

I did phone them & a new one is on it's way. TSS's customer service is great.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I did phone them & a new one is on it's way. TSS's customer service is great.

Good on them. That's how you retain customers! Can't wait for my mahoosive LP to come now. It's a whopping 1cm. I opted to have it delivered next week. Giving myself time to panic + the T. time to squeeze in a moult + get bigger! It'll be music to my ears if they delay delivery cos it moulted. Though the main reason is I picked the only day I can guarantee I'll be home. It'll be a while before it looks like yours that's for sure:)

nedaK

Sorry for your loss :(:eek: