• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US 3 inch Suspect female Poecilitheria Regalis

StickyStein

3 Year Member
So I have to get rid of my P Regalis. My dad visits often and he’s allergic to bees!! And as fast and potent as they are I’m trying to sell her. It’s a suspect female at 3+ inch. Very fast and loooves to eat. Im asking $100 plus shipping. This is one of my favorite arboreals and I hate to lose her but for my dads sake I’m getting rid of her. If your in the St. Louis mo area I’ll do $90 cash

Attachments

• 68529501-8B88-4130-851C-F260CCCFECA8.jpeg
    68529501-8B88-4130-851C-F260CCCFECA8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 34
  • 76B82CA6-0E9F-4C14-A0AA-3790C42A7B47.jpeg
    76B82CA6-0E9F-4C14-A0AA-3790C42A7B47.jpeg
    793.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 0621A1A5-1CDB-4823-A0A7-964D433692E7.jpeg
    0621A1A5-1CDB-4823-A0A7-964D433692E7.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • 4CAC3219-8126-4C73-94C5-F3BA6F989C51.jpeg
    4CAC3219-8126-4C73-94C5-F3BA6F989C51.jpeg
    743.3 KB · Views: 35

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
1/ You really have no need to get rid as there is no reason the T venom would affect your Dad any more than any other person, T venom and Bee venom are completely different.
2/ So long as the T is in its container there is no way it would affect your Dad, it would need to bite him to inject its venom.

StickyStein

3 Year Member
1/ You really have no need to get rid as there is no reason the T venom would affect your Dad any more than any other person, T venom and Bee venom are completely different.
2/ So long as the T is in its container there is no way it would affect your Dad, it would need to bite him to inject its venom.
With fast Ts you just don’t know what can happen. And you may be right about the venom but I’d rather be safe cuz my dad already doesn’t like them so he’d be super pissed if he had a reaction to a pokie bite

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
With fast Ts you just don’t know what can happen. And you may be right about the venom but I’d rather be safe cuz my dad already doesn’t like them so he’d be super pissed if he had a reaction to a pokie bite

There is no reason for him to be in a situation where he could get bitten unless he opens the container.

StickyStein

3 Year Member
With fast Ts you just don’t know what can happen. And your wrong about bee and T allergy
There is no reason for him to be in a situation where he could get bitten unless he opens the container.
Yeah everyone knows this. Please no more trolling. Plenty people get bit. Friend of mine got bit by a pokie. **** happens when you play with fire ie fast wild animals. I’d just like to minimize the chance of my dad or son getting bit which I didn’t take into account when I bought her. But obviously nobody will get bit if she stays in a cage. Buuuut **** happens

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
With fast Ts you just don’t know what can happen. And your wrong about bee and T allergy

Yeah everyone knows this. Please no more trolling. Plenty people get bit. Friend of mine got bit by a pokie. **** happens when you play with fire ie fast wild animals. I’d just like to minimize the chance of my dad or son getting bit which I didn’t take into account when I bought her. But obviously nobody will get bit if she stays in a cage. Buuuut **** happens

It sounds to me as though you should never have got her in the 1st place. Take care of your T correctly and no one will get bitten.

An may I point out that I am not trolling I am a Moderator on this forum and was only trying to help you keep the T that you say you'd hate to lose.

StickyStein

3 Year Member
I see your a moderator and I appreciate the venom info but as I keep saying **** happens. Fast animals can escape. I’m not rookie at the game but Iv been bitten by a lot of wild animals in which I did not intend. **** happens and I don’t want it to happen to someone who could be allergic to a T. But it’s the whole “I’m above you, stating the obvious” rhetoric is annoying from people. Cuz OF COURSE if the top is on the enclosure it will not get out. But what if it gets out when I pull spider poo out? Pokies are fast

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I see your a moderator and I appreciate the venom info but as I keep saying **** happens. Fast animals can escape. I’m not rookie at the game but Iv been bitten by a lot of wild animals in which I did not intend. **** happens and I don’t want it to happen to someone who could be allergic to a T. But it’s the whole “I’m above you, stating the obvious” rhetoric is annoying from people. Cuz OF COURSE if the top is on the enclosure it will not get out. But what if it gets out when I pull spider poo out? Pokies are fast
You're obviously smarter than a veteran keeper and moderator on this forum. You definitely need to sell your poeci, silky boy. Try not to be so sensitive when people who know more than you try to help. You come off like..well, a silky, sensitive boy. Just so you understand, I'll direct you to thereapersride on youtube. Look up Grammastola pulchripes bite on his channel. Also, never in recorded history has a person had an allergic reaction to a tarantula bite. NEVER IN RECORDED HISTORY. Maybe you should educate yourself before spouting off at people, and buying tarantulas you're afraid of. And being bitten by wild animals(lmao) Did a beaver bite your nipple off? You're speaking to a female, a well respected one in this hobby, you'll find no support for your ego here. I'll say it one more time, she was trying to HELP YOU. Now beat feet.

Last edited:

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Enn49 I apologize that you had to get this kind of response from this individual when clearly you were only trying to help. I know you are an excellent moderator and offer beneficial information to the community. Thank you for your input.

@StickyStein Please understand that this is not arachnoboards. There are a lot of assholes on that forum that drive hobbyists out with their "know it all", "egotistical", "arrogant", "I'm above you because I've been doing this **** longer than you" attitudes. Believe me, I have been in the shark tank quite a few times there but I'm an alpha, lol, so I take zero bull**** from anyone (I have references ;)). I hope you find a wonderful home for your tarantula (love the pokies!) and please understand that Enn is a very sweet lady and was 100% sincere with pure intent. If you have any questions about anything or need any help, please feel free to ask. We are here to help in any way we can! :)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You're obviously smarter than a veteran keeper and moderator on this forum. You definitely need to sell your poeci, silky boy. Try not to be so sensitive when people who know more than you try to help. You come off like..well, a silky, sensitive boy. Just so you understand, I'll direct you to thereapersride on youtube. Look up Grammastola pulchripes bite on his channel. Also, never in recorded history has a person had an allergic reaction to a tarantula bite. NEVER IN RECORDED HISTORY. Maybe you should educate yourself before spouting off at people, and buying tarantulas you're afraid of. And being bitten by wild animals(lmao) Did a beaver bite your nipple off? You're speaking to a female, a well respected one in this hobby, you'll find no support for your ego here. I'll say it one more time, she was trying to HELP YOU. Now beat feet.

This is true. There are no known "death" reports from tarantula bites, either. The proteins/enzymes in tarantula venom and bee venom are different, however, there is a higher possibility that you can have an allergic reaction to tarantula venom IF you are already allergic to bees BUT it's not likely. Tarantula venom is actually milder than bee venom.
It all just really depends on the person and how they react to certain venom. Thanks for the info, Mass. :)