• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

2nd Tarantula!

Allthingsterrarium

3 Year Member
Hey everybody! I'm happy to announce that I finally just got my 2nd tarantula. My 1st one is October, my male brachypelma boehmei or Mexican fireleg who many of you know and I got a year ago last July and is currently just under 4 inches in leg span and still needs to bulk up a bit in overall growth. The boehmei is my favorite species and now my new tarantula and second ever is my 2nd favorite species, a brachypelma smithi or Mexican red knee. He's about maybe three inches in overall leg span and similar sized to October when I first got him. He's a very typical red knee from what I have heard about them, active and very friendly. Since he's from Mexico and very orange I named him "Habanero".

While I am here I would like to take a minute to white a short review for the person I got him from. He was sold to me via the classifieds on this very site after I posted an ad about a week ago looking for a young male mexican red knee. I got him from user sdsnybny who was really great and informative and very helpful answering all my questions and selling him for a very reasonable price plus shipping him extremely intelligently and comfortably. He gave me exactly what I was looking for and I would be happy to recommend him to anybody looking for a brachypelma smithi. Definitely talk to him if your in the market. He's also a member of Arachnoboards.com. Thanks again sdsnybny!

I'll upload some pictures soon.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There's a vendor review thread you can add this info to also. A lot of people check those with the for sale and wanted threads, but don't pay much attention to the posts in these ;)

Great 2nd T!! mine is about 3/4" now :) cant' wait till he starts showing his colors.

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
Hey everybody! I'm happy to announce that I finally just got my 2nd tarantula. My 1st one is October, my male brachypelma boehmei or Mexican fireleg who many of you know and I got a year ago last July and is currently just under 4 inches in leg span and still needs to bulk up a bit in overall growth. The boehmei is my favorite species and now my new tarantula and second ever is my 2nd favorite species, a brachypelma smithi or Mexican red knee. He's about maybe three inches in overall leg span and similar sized to October when I first got him. He's a very typical red knee from what I have heard about them, active and very friendly. Since he's from Mexico and very orange I named him "Habanero".

While I am here I would like to take a minute to white a short review for the person I got him from. He was sold to me via the classifieds on this very site after I posted an ad about a week ago looking for a young male mexican red knee. I got him from user sdsnybny who was really great and informative and very helpful answering all my questions and selling him for a very reasonable price plus shipping him extremely intelligently and comfortably. He gave me exactly what I was looking for and I would be happy to recommend him to anybody looking for a brachypelma smithi. Definitely talk to him if your in the market. He's also a member of Arachnoboards.com. Thanks again sdsnybny!

I'll upload some pictures soon.

Thank you Sir!!

Latest posts