• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

16 molts, 1 death curl

hellknite

3 Year Member
My T's were left out due to my illness that I was battling for about 5 weeks in and out of the hospital. Finally I've recovered and I'm back home in my hometown and home here at the forum. Sorry I have not been active during those times. I haven't seen my T's for a month until this morning.

Nice to see there have been 16 molts even I hadn't checked them out and monitored them for the past month. They have survived. But I also had 1 death. Too bad I can't determine when my adult male C. fasciatum passed away..

Well I'm back.. I have a lot to catch up with my T's and here at the forum.. hello to everyone.. seems like I need a post in the introduction section again..

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My T's were left out due to my illness that I was battling for about 5 weeks in and out of the hospital. Finally I've recovered and I'm back home in my hometown and home here at the forum. Sorry I have not been active during those times. I haven't seen my T's for a month until this morning.

Nice to see there have been 16 molts even I hadn't checked them out and monitored them for the past month. They have survived. But I also had 1 death. Too bad I can't determine when my adult male C. fasciatum passed away..

Well I'm back.. I have a lot to catch up with my T's and here at the forum.. hello to everyone.. seems like I need a post in the introduction section again..
Hello
Welcome back,glad you recovered.

hellknite

3 Year Member
I was thinking how long can a captive T survive unattended? Anyone left their T's more than a month?

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Hello hellknite
Great that you have your health back.
Sorry that you lost one of your T's, always a sad event when we lose one.
5 days is the longest period I've left my T's unattended, fed prior & extra water. Odd that you lost an adult C. fasciatum, maybe dehydration was the cause? Most good eaters (sub adults/adults) IMO would be OK for month w/o food, but not w/o a supply of water.
Just my thoughts.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Great to hear you're better. Hope you continue to have a smooth recovery.
Sorry for your loss, but congrats on the successful molts.

Latest posts