• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What's your Tarantula's name?

Youlovejordan

3 Year Member
Hey guys, I am debating on buying another pet Tarantula but in the meantime I am thinking of something unique to name it. Got any ideas? What's your pet Tarantula's name?

Shaina

3 Year Member
Well I actually have 4 tarantulas:
  • Dibella- she's a hybrid of a mexican black + gold redrump tarantula (Brachypelma albiceps) she's the one on my profile pic and that's after her first molt after I got her. When I purchased her she actually looked like this:
    1hunu8.jpg
  • Echo- she's a mexican redrump with an attitude lol (Brachypelma vagans)
  • Ember- she's a mexican fireleg only about the size of a quarter right now legs and all (Brachypelma boehmei)
  • Ethereal- she's a metallic pink toe crazy little dancer :) (Avicularia metallica)

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Shaina you've chosen some great names! I love that they all start with E too. Just like a real little family! Hah! :) :)

Shaina

3 Year Member
Yeah I know right! I got Dibella first and then I got the other 3 at the same time and I thought it'd be cool if they all started with the same letter haha!

jetfire

3 Year Member
My fireleg is named "DaNae", after my ex-wife. Luckily I was able to confirm she's a she after her last molt, or I might have had to choose a new name

Brina916

3 Year Member
So I have 8 Ts I don't know why I said 9 before (wishful thinking maybe lol) anyways I have
* Hpnotiq - Avicularia azuraklaasi or powder blue pinktoe
* Chicha - Avicularia urticans or Peruvian Purple
* Martini - Avicularia versicolor or Martinique pinktoe
* Mudslide - Grammostola pulchripes or Chaco golden knee
* Chaka - Grammostola pulchripes or Chaco golden knee
* Wildfire - Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens or Green bottle blue "GBB"
* Mr. Snuffleupagus / "Snuffy" - Brachypelma albopilosum or Curly Hair/wooly Tarantula
All of the above are still slings so I dont know male or female...
Then I have
* Sprocket - my adult male Grammostola rosea or Rose-hair

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow Brina, you've got quite the menagerie too! How do you keep coming up with creative names for them all??

Hahaha Jetfire, I LIKE it!

Youlovejordan

3 Year Member
I love the name Dibella! It sounds like something from Twilight it is unique. I also like the name Wildfire. I still don't know what I'll be naming my next Tarantula maybe something that starts with the letter P.

Shaina

3 Year Member
Aww thanks yeah my boyfriend named her actually after a character from elder scrolls the video game. Dibella is the goddess of beauty and love and she's definitely beautiful! And Brina I really like the names you've picked for your Ts!

Brina916

3 Year Member
Thanks I think the only reason my fiance let me get so many is the names I was coming up with lol. Wildfire is the one T that my fiance picked himself (the GBB which is my profile pic) and he was thinking for days on what to name it and then I looked at it and said "Wildfire" (we had just watched Game Of Thrones) and he loved so much he agreed.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
I keep hearing about this Game of Thrones thing. What is it about??

Laura I love the name Aragog what's it from?

Brina916

3 Year Member

laurarfl

3 Year Member
Aragog is from Harry Potter II. I know what you mean, Brina. Now that I have a birdeater I'm thinking, "Darn, that should have been Aragog :)!"

Since our critters travel around and meet so many children, a lot of them are named for familiar characters from books and movies. I'm also a kook for Harry Potter.

Latest posts