• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US WARNING!!! Watch out for Spider_man

MrBoom619

3 Year Member
Hey all! Just wanted to pass you all a warning to watch out for user Spider_man. Nothing adds up about this dude. I put a wanted ad for an AF T.gigas and he responded that he had two. Eyebrow raiser #1 is he called me from a "magicjack". My last conversation with him was a few minutes ago and when I asked him about it, he denied it was a magicjack. Then he gave me a bogus Massachusetts number which I checked while we were talking. Going back to our initial conversation, I naturally asked him a few questions to check out his validity and integrity as one can't be too careful now a days. His answers seemed legit but when I asked him the same questions today, amnesia must have hit, lol. Eyebrow raiser #2 was he stated in our first conversation he only bred 1 T and that she was a good mom. Today he told me that he bred both and they were both good moms. I asked how many slings did he yield from first sac and he stated "150 - 200". How do you not know your own final count of slings? He stutters a lot when he is BS'ing as he has no knowledge of T's because I threw names of high priced T's like P.metallica, Avicularia Versicolor, and Avicularia Aurantiaca adult females that I was willing to trade and those species flew right over his head especially because he asked if I had a "Golden Knee". I asked he was looking for a G.pulchripes and that confused him. Eyebrow raiser #3, I asked for reviews and he stated he had them on faunaclassifieds. He asked for my user name so he could send me a friends request and I could see his page and reviews. I told him I had the same name on that forum. I then asked him to give me his name on his page as I had my pc up and was logged on to fauna. He said "_powerwhiz" and when I asked him to reconfirm the spelling, he hung up. I called back immediately and sure enough, his magicjack was only taking messages. Sorry all for the long drawn out story as well as if it isn't detailed enough as I am creating this from my cell phone. If anyone has any questions, please PM me. Lastly, he has burned a good friend of mine and sadly it was before I could give him my 2 cents about this guy. Please take precaution with dealing with Spider_man as I don't want you to be his next victim. If he IS legit then please PM with proof and I'll have no problems accepting my mistake and will apologize!

Have a great day, all!

-Raoul

Last edited:

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
Definitely do NOT do business with Spider_man. He is a scammer. He responded to a wanted ad I had placed looking for 40 dram vials. After pm'ing back and forth for a week I stupidly shipped him 300 roaches. A mix of hisser nymphs and dubias. I have not heard from him since I sent him a tracking number. The name I was given to put on the package was Mr. C. Washington, so be on the look out, who knows if he'll be trying to pull stuff like this on new username's.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
He ALMOST got me on a trade about a month ago. Didn't put 2 + 2 together on this. Thanks for the warning!

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
He reached out to me versus PM and let me know he had a juvenile Rangoon Mustard (chil0brachys sericeous) which has been on my want list for a long time. He said that he would be willing to trade. Sent him photos of two T's that I was willing to trade. He loved the pics and said that he would do the deal. When I asked him to provide a picture, he went dark and have not heard from him since.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Wow. Whether it is him or not, it is sad to see anyone get scammed like this and cost them money. Wonder if the authorities can do anything about it?