• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Spiders water

Mad cat lady

3 Year Member
What kind of water do you all use for your tarantulas, bottled spring water of from the tap? Just curious! I use bottles because of the water treatments, which is unsafe untreated for my fish tanks, so can't be good for tarantulas either?

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
I use tap water, because my water isn't hard, and I know there is no additives in it. But everyone seems to use bottled water. I've yet to have a problem with tap water and I have a lot of T's! No mineral deposits, clear fresh nice lookin water!

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I use tap, but live in an area where the water is not very treated. We raise Venus Fly Traps, which need very pure water. We use tap as, once it has sat out to get rid of the chlorine over night, is dang near perfect.

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
I use tap, but live in an area where the water is not very treated. We raise Venus Fly Traps, which need very pure water. We use tap as, once it has sat out to get rid of the chlorine over night, is dang near perfect.

They probably put fluoride in your water too eh? That's why Americans are so angry! :p

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Unfortunately, yes, municipal water has fluoride in it. I do have a filter built in that removes most of it. :)

Mad cat lady

3 Year Member
We have fluoride in ours too in the UK. When i got my first spider, who died, i bought an exo terra water dish and it went white, like it was bleached, and i wonder if the water poisoned her? I have since found out they were using chlorine, then changed to some other chemical, which is harder to remove! I'm sticking with bottled now to be on the safe side :)

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Tap water is fine unless your water is very soft or heavily laden with minerals. Then you should use bottled water.

Latest posts