• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sources for kritter keepers in bulk?

8leggedfreak

3 Year Member
Looking to drastically increase my addictive collection this upcoming year and I'm looking for kritter keeper cages I can get in bulk for my future slings and juveniles. And also being fairly new to the hobby i was wondering if anyone had any good advice or tricks to safely and effectively maintain optimal temp and heat in T enclosures. Any help or recommendations are very much appreciated! Thanks guys!

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Deli cups are awesome for slings and some juvies!!! I got mine at a local grocery/gas/bait shop ( I live in the edge of the boonies). I got eight cups and lids for 50 cents. :) You can also buy these at Costco or Sams.

8leggedfreak

3 Year Member
Alright thanks guys. So if I wanted to spend the money on good stuff to reuse over and over again, I'm guessing nice durable Tupperware containers would be the way to go?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Alright thanks guys. So if I wanted to spend the money on good stuff to reuse over and over again, I'm guessing nice durable Tupperware containers would be the way to go?

Yeah, just drill holes in the sides of them. Make sure they have a sturdy top. Sterilite makes great bins for Ts.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I currently keep Karina in an Exo-Terra, but that's not really a cheap way to go. I have been scouting the dollar stores/wal-mart/craft shops for other containers like the ones mentioned above, since it looks like I'll be doing a multi-T purchase in the spring :) As for the temps...general rule of thumb is; if it's comfortable enough for you in a T-shirt, it's comfortable enough for your T's :)

8leggedfreak

3 Year Member
Yea those terrariums are expensive. I have one for my lesser python. My larger Ts are in nice aquariums but the rest of my future Ts will be slings do to the fact that they are fun to watch grow! So im going to find some tupperware/deli containers. Thanks for all the help guys youre all awesome. I joined 2 other T forums and I hated them. This forum is exaxtly what I was looking for :)

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yea those terrariums are expensive. I have one for my lesser python. My larger Ts are in nice aquariums but the rest of my future Ts will be slings do to the fact that they are fun to watch grow! So im going to find some tupperware/deli containers. Thanks for all the help guys youre all awesome. I joined 2 other T forums and I hated them. This forum is exaxtly what I was looking for :)

Me too lol.
another word of advice. Aquariums aren't any different than Kritter Keepers. Very hard to keep up humidity, and temps.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I joined a couple as well, but they were no where near as friendly! :)

8leggedfreak

3 Year Member
Yea I'm going to take your advice Kenny because it's a constant battle to maintain optimal temp and humidity in the glass aquariums I have now. The weather in CT is all over this time of year. So I have a spare room that's going to be my "critter room" with an electric space heater when needed to keep the room warm enough. I just looked at your set up on the T rooms forum and that's the route I'm going to go from now on. Is with plastic instead of glass

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just picked up a bunch of Sterelite "medium clip boxes" they're a great size for younger Ts. I just put all My megaphobema slings in em. No humidity issues at all.

Raven Harris-Keim

3 Year Member
Just tape up the critter keeper lids, words like a charm to keep humidity up. I use critter keepers for my centipedes and T's, and for some of my scorpions. People hate on them, but they look better than deli cups and they aren't that expensive. Clear packing tape works good. Leave some ventilation near the lid.

Latest posts