• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pumpkin patch parents

WhiteRabbit

3 Year Member
My male and female Hapalopus sp. Columbia Gros( Jack and Sally) are parents!

Now what are some suggestions as to steps to take now?

First time breeding a T. Im so proud of Jack for making it out of there alive lol
20170307_174325.jpg

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My male and female Hapalopus sp. Columbia Gros( Jack and Sally) are parents!

Now what are some suggestions as to steps to take now?

First time breeding a T. Im so proud of Jack for making it out of there alive lolView attachment 22897
That's great! Check out every breeding video on youtube that you can. You can pull the sac after 3 -4 weeks and incubate, or risk leaving it with mom. She needs to be in a dark, quiet, undisturbed location and DO NOT FEED HER! Not until the babies are born or you pull the sac. Just give her fresh water and dont disturb her, or she may eat the sac. "Incubators" are very simple, but you have alot of reading and research to do;) Good luck!

WhiteRabbit

3 Year Member
That's great! Check out every breeding video on youtube that you can. You can pull the sac after 3 -4 weeks and incubate, or risk leaving it with mom. She needs to be in a dark, quiet, undisturbed location and DO NOT FEED HER! Not until the babies are born or you pull the sac. Just give her fresh water and dont disturb her, or she may eat the sac. "Incubators" are very simple, but you have alot of reading and research to do;) Good luck!

Why cant i feed her?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
BTW, there's no way jack and sally are two of the slings you and N8tive bought, the same time as me? Right? If so, thats some incredible powerfeeding..or my temps are way too low..mine are still small..

Pasodama

3 Year Member
Congrats!
I would follow the advise given to you by MassExodus. There are a lot of videos, out there, and you can decide which path, to take (be it leaving sac with mother or pulling/incubating), that is best for you.

WhiteRabbit

3 Year Member
BTW, there's no way jack and sally are two of the slings you and N8tive bought, the same time as me? Right? If so, thats some incredible powerfeeding..or my temps are way too low..mine are still small..

Yep. We feed 1 adult cricket every Saturday. And yeah..out of 7 slings 3 survived to adulthood. #1 hooked out first..he was very small and stopped eating imediatly after hooking out. He lasted 1 month before parishing. #4 hooked out second. Hes bigger than a silver dollar legspan wise. Then #6 molted..3 inches across but no hooks. I looked for a furrow but its hard to tell...and her molt was shredded so i couldnt look.

I paired them on a hunch and thank God i was right lol. Jack survived.

Latest posts