• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P formosa sex

Marija

3 Year Member
Today my formosa molted and I was able to get the molt out while it's wet.
I don't see a flap or anything that would say female, so my guess is it's a boy?
IMG_6347.JPG

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
What are those two little clear-ish looking flaps? Or am I seeing things? Lol....well, when I'm wrong I'm wrong, lol. :)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That lip totally threw me off. Fat ass poecie, lol.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Did you see that pic I linked earlier in the thread? It's a guessing game. Sure, you can tell some of the time and it's better than nothing, but there's no sexing like molt sexing!
Yes, but you called it prior to viewing the molt. Color me impressed!!!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's easy to mess up trying to vent sex, unless you have a whole lot of familiarity with several species. That's what it comes down to. And even then, if its an immature spider, there's a possibility of being wrong. I won't even respond to vent sexing threads anymore, unless I'm sure. I've been wrong too many times about my own spiders...however, as stated above, molt sexing don't lie. Unless the molt is under 3" and you're me..

Latest posts