• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newby in UK..

PurplePanther

3 Year Member
We all learn something new everyday even the veterans I'm sure... AB sheds a dark light on the hobby imo... I can only imagine how many people, especially youngsters have been berated on there and get scared to ask further questions, terrible really...

AB = ArachnoBoards ?
They are the tarantula forum I looked at before I joined here. Basically the site was highly recommended by several YouTubers.
YouTube is where I discovered my thirsty interest in Ts. There are only a couple of decent fellow hobbyists who I found were happy
to answer Qs, give advice / opinions. I really enjoy watching different Ts and their behaviour on YouTube :T:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
AB = ArachnoBoards ?
They are the tarantula forum I looked at before I joined here. Basically the site was highly recommended by several YouTubers.
YouTube is where I discovered my thirsty interest in Ts. There are only a couple of decent fellow hobbyists who I found were happy
to answer Qs, give advice / opinions. I really enjoy watching different Ts and their behaviour on YouTube :T:

That's right, also known here as the Dark Side. I only use them now for research although that is getting rarer as there is a fund of info on here.

PurplePanther

3 Year Member
That's right, also known here as the Dark Side. I only use them now for research although that is getting rarer as there is a fund of info on here.

I shall be cautious of The Dark Side !
This may sound a trivial Q.. but my username doesn't fit properly to the left of messages - the r is on the next line.
I want to remove UK from my name because I am a slight perfectionist, is that possible ?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I shall be cautious of The Dark Side !
This may sound a trivial Q.. but my username doesn't fit properly to the left of messages - the r is on the next line.
I want to remove UK from my name because I am a slight perfectionist, is that possible ?

You would need to contact Josh, our Admin, to do that I'm afraid and it can take him a while to react. If you don't get any joy let me know and I'll try to contact him for you.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No public reprimands here, all bad behaviour is dealt with by PM
I could show you some PM's from Enn where she's yelling at me in caps, and threatening to "mollywomp me in the head and throw me in a river"...
(I drink and act up occasionally)..
Nothing like the time she went to Shampain's house and lit it on fire though..that was brutal..he had to sleep in a van down by the river..

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I could show you some PM's from Enn where she's yelling at me in caps, and threatening to "mollywomp me in the head and throw me in a river"...
(I drink and act up occasionally)..
Nothing like the time she went to Shampain's house and lit it on fire though..that was brutal..he had to sleep in a van down by the river..
ha ha.....that is sooo funny. But scarily plausible :D

PurplePanther

3 Year Member
You would need to contact Josh, our Admin, to do that I'm afraid and it can take him a while to react. If you don't get any joy let me know and I'll try to contact him for you.

Enn49 I sent a message to Josh yesterday via finding him on the members page.
I can’t seem to find a copy of the message and I’m wondering if he received it...
What do you suggest I do ? Sorry to be a pain already :rolleyes:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Enn49 I sent a message to Josh yesterday via finding him on the members page.
I can’t seem to find a copy of the message and I’m wondering if he received it...
What do you suggest I do ? Sorry to be a pain already :rolleyes:

If you hover over Inbox (top right) it should show any conversations that have been started. If it's not there then I should try again.
Don't worry, you're not being a pain, it took me ages to find my way around.

PurplePanther

3 Year Member
If you hover over Inbox (top right) it should show any conversations that have been started. If it's not there then I should try again.
Don't worry, you're not being a pain, it took me ages to find my way around.

Thanks for the helpful info Enn49... I had begun the message, but not sent it - was probably feeling tired. :rolleyes:
So it has gone to Josh now :D