• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New baby in the house - Here comes Nevis!

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have now fulfilled a long time dream of mine and have brought a Czechoslovakian Wolfdog pup into our lives.
We named him Nevis, after one of my favourite places in Scotland.
He's a cheeky so-and-so, but who could be mad at such an adorable baby? Storm is pretending to be all grumpy and snooty, but despite her noisily disciplining him, he clearly adores her and already after his first full day with us, she no longer sends him away when he snuggles up to her.
aVryRYA.jpg

fXLGsbx.jpg

My handsome boy
7OBW6C2.jpg

Not quite figured those legs out
3XCD7om.jpg

Storm's trying to keep him in check
J6ktoAi.jpg

Stole her monkey right from under her nose
fMqMIwI.jpg

and then occupied her bed
oAbCRzD.jpg

fkJrWaj.jpg

He's still behind me isn't he?
OHh4M72.jpg

Storm resigning to be a puppy pillow
cURQKWU.jpg

Early morning play, he's got no fear and goes right for her
vsIaAJ5.jpg

3CG1Rkd.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A wee update on the menace:
He's certainly settled in. He's put on 1kg (probably even more now) in the first week and grows like weed. He's still a cheeky devil, who doesn't give Storm a moment's peace, apart from when he's sleeping. Nevis is super smart. He's learned "sit" within minutes and this morning I taught him "down", too. He's new thing is, that when his water bowl is nearly empty, he pushes it over and brings it in.
sjR5kVd.jpg

Byma4WF.jpg

Qm3bYTc.jpg

HDmdEAD.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
thats a face you couldn't possibly be mad at! I wonder if potty training is difficult?
He certainly knows when to put on his puppy face and make those little baby noises.
Potty training is the same as with any pup. He's getting there with the pooping, letting us know when he needs. He still has the occasional pee in the house, but usually tries to do it on the hard floor (or on the dirty laundry in front of the washing machine lol).
What's great about him is that he is confident enough to do both "businesses" when we're on a walk.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What a difference a few weeks make. Nevis is growing like weed, all legs and ears.
He's definitely a very "intense" dog, very smart, willful and picks up on everything.
J3Tj5ei.jpg
iEf4cws.jpg

VIoCQyb.jpg

xSP2eZD.jpg

hrU8SYn.jpg

sY0LnPI.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
For @MassExodus : Some more puppy pics
Looking at the first photos to now, it's hard to believe it's the same pup. Nevis is no longer a baby but a handsome young boy:
With his "Reserve Best in Class" Rosetta after finishing Puppy Foundation Class
19TAxEj.jpg

UdsPHZi.jpg

Still cheeky to "big sis" Storm
UQneEkX.jpg

VOc05Vr.jpg

k0LRwOe.jpg

5aCceo8.jpg

qoZXVix.jpg

With his "uncle" Bruno
cWtma48.jpg

vBvAr0Q.jpg