• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Roaches!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well the genitalia are the same in all Grophadorhina species, so it's pretty hard to tell that way. The only person I know who sells pure G.portentosa is Kylw from roachcrossing, he says that "Unlike hybrid strains, adults of this variety tend to be solidly patterned with barely any striping and crisp, orange to red-orange abdomens".
Yeah, I was looking at his, mine are definitely more striped. They're also huge. One of my big females is creeping up on 4 inches, has to be. I'm going to measure her in a minute. Just purchased some A insignis from Doc on roach forum, 3 pairs of adults and 8 lg nymphs :D

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
Yeah, I was looking at his, mine are definitely more striped. They're also huge. One of my big females is creeping up on 4 inches, has to be. I'm going to measure her in a minute. Just purchased some A insignis from Doc on roach forum, 3 pairs of adults and 8 lg nymphs :D

Yeah my largest female hisser is almost that big, she's a monster! That's another sign you have hybrids, they can get way bigger than pure-breds. Cool, Doc's a good guy, and he always seems to have a surplus of A.insignis. :)

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
Parcoblatta americana:
Female:
P.americana%25231.JPG

P.americana%25232.JPG

P.americana%25233.JPG

Parcoblatta bolliana:
Male
P.bolliana%25231.JPG

Parcoblatta uhleriana:
Female
P.uhler%25231.JPG

P.uhler%25232.JPG

P.uhler%25233.JPG

Male
P.uhler%25235.JPG

P.uhler%25237.JPG

Parcoblatta virginica:
Male
P.viginica%25231.JPG

P.virginica%25232.JPG

Parcoblatta sp. Unknown fulvescens like caudelli:
Male
P.unknown%25231.JPG

P.unknown%25232.JPG

P.unknown%25233.JPG

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
Just got a package from Roachcrossing today, with some really cool new species! :D Roaches make the best birthday present ever, am I right?

Arenivaga tonkawa:
Female nymph
A.tonk%25231.JPG

A.tonk%25233.JPG

Subadult male
A.tonk%25234.JPG

A.tonk%25235.JPG

Blaberus sp. "Venezuela":
Nymph
B.ven%25231.JPG

B.ven%25232.JPG

Corydidarum pygmaea:
Nymph
C.pyg%25231.JPG

C.pyg%25232.JPG

C.pyg%25235.JPG

C.pyg%25234.JPG

I also got a sexed pair of Paranauphoeta discoidalis, unfortunately I was not able to get any pictures of them.

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
The pictures of the last species in your picture post kinda remind me of centipedes a little (shapewise). Also, happy birthday!

Yeah, they kinda do look like centipedes. Most people think they look like roly-polys, seeing as the can roll up into a ball and such.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just got 200 Suriname roaches for feeders. There's a roach in there that doesn't look like the rest, I didn't see it till I put them in the new substrate, and everyone burrowed immediately..(these guys burrow faster and better than any roach I've seen) so I'm going to go through them and pull him after dinner. I want to see if you can id a pic :D

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
I just got 200 Suriname roaches for feeders. There's a roach in there that doesn't look like the rest, I didn't see it till I put them in the new substrate, and everyone burrowed immediately..(these guys burrow faster and better than any roach I've seen) so I'm going to go through them and pull him after dinner. I want to see if you can id a pic :D

Interesting, I'll try my best to give an ID to your mystery roach! :)

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
My collection has grown a bit since I last posted here, here are some of my new acquisitions.

African Bullet Roach:
Adult female
African%25232.JPG

African%25233.JPG

African%25234.JPG

Arenivaga cf. genitalis:
Nymph
A.geni%25232.JPG

A.geni%25233.JPG

Dorylaea orini: (My favorite of my new roaches, got these from the man himself, Orin McMonigle)
Nymph
D.orini%25231.JPG

D.orini%25232.JPG

D.orini%25233.JPG

This species is very skittish, and I was unable to get many good pictures. Here's what most of the photo shoot was like:

Princisia vanwaerebeki "Big":
Nymph
P.van%25231.JPG

P.van%25235.JPG

P.van%25234.JPG

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
Ahahaa, nice! You've got some stunners man..Those Princisia vanwaerebeki are my next roach purchase. Beautiful!

Thanks man, I go for the pretty roaches lol! :D I hope this "Big" morph of P.vanwaerebeki lives up to it's name, I'm excited to see just how big they'll get!