1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My next pet

Discussion in 'Vertebrate Pet Talk' started by kormath, Mar 1, 2017.

1. kormath

kormath Well-Known Member 1,000+ Post Club

Media:
    Albums:
    So here we go again :)

My son and I have discussed owning snakes, and scorpions, and numerous other pets (frogs, mantids, various lizards, etc.) to go with our White Monster (my Morkie pup) and our tarantula collection.

We've finally found a pet that we both agree on (that was the hardest part) and that will survive in our environment without a lot of time spent on maintenance. Since i work 2 jobs and he's at school, we needed something low maintenance that didn't require a lot of time in setup and daily support to keep it alive and happy.

And that is the Leopard Gecko :D

So then we had to choose which morph. After weeks of debate and going back and forth we've decided on either the normal morph or the tangerine morph. And here's where we're stuck ;) It will probably come down to which is available when we can make the order.

i like the coloring on the normal myself, my son is sold on the tangerine. I also like the Mack and the snow/blizzard morphs. Which would you choose?
    IamKrush likes this.
  2. sedge

sedge Member

Geo at Reptile Factory has some tangerines left from the last show.

http://www.reptileave.com/

The breeder he buys from is a good friend of mine.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  3. kormath

Media:
    Albums:
    sweet. i'll bookmark his site. still need to get the enclosure stuff before i order the leo. already have a tank and heat pad, just need the thermostat, bedding, hides etc.
    sedge likes this.
  4. MassExodus

MassExodus Well-Known Member 1,000+ Post Club

Since y'all are talking about lizards, wheres a good place to get a blue tongued skink, preferably well started but not an adult? Lllreptile? I like the northern ones, which I understand are rather pricey :(
  5. kormath

Media:
    Albums:
    I've read really good reviews about Lll reptile, that's where I'm ordering my gecko from in a few weeks. Just got his enclosure all set up except I forgot to order a thermostat, so that should be here Tuesday then if the temps hold right with it I'll order the gecko next payday. Right now is the best time to order geckos :D the new hatching should be grown enough to ship.
    MassExodus likes this.
  6. kormath

Media:
    Albums:
    thermostat arrived Tuesday and is keeping the hot side between 91 and 93. I have the max set for 93 and it drops down to 90.5 ish before heading back up again, so that should be sufficient. It hears up fairly quickly to, 93.4 is the highest I've seen it get within 2 or 3 minutes.

Also, one of the people I wad talking to on a gecko forum suggested big Apple herp to purchase from. And I found the one I wanted there.

http://www.bigappleherp.com/Mack-Snow-Leopard-Geckos-Captive-Bred-Babies?sc=27&category=13672

So we'll have a new pet next payday :D
  7. kormath

Media:
    Albums:
    So Friday I ordered the baby snow mack morph :D got an email friday afternoon from Big Apple Herp saying my state requires a vet checkup and certificate for shipping reptiles. So I had to add $20 for that to the order. Think it's cool my backwards state requires that ;) And just now i got an email from them saying the leo will ship today, should be here whenever FedEx delivers to my location, so about 11am :)
  8. PanzoN88

PanzoN88 Active Member

Nice add, I know nothing about geckos, but nice add regardless.