• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Member signiture modifications

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Been working on the sig links. Every time i change them the URL code drops out and they become just colored text. Maybe i can't make the links colored? Guess i'll have to fiddle with the BB code and see what i can come up with ;)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Been working on the sig links. Every time i change them the URL code drops out and they become just colored text. Maybe i can't make the links colored? Guess i'll have to fiddle with the BB code and see what i can come up with ;)
URL code isn't happy with me. keeps dropping without any other code with it.
So if I use
Code:
My T List - [URL=http://tarantulaforum.com/threads/kormaths-ts.6670/]Click![/URL]
Then it should show My T List - Click! and the click should be the link, but it drops the URL code when i save the changes and becomes plain text.

Even using just the URL tag like this
Code:
My Collection - [URL]http://tarantulaforum.com/threads/kormaths-ts.6670/[/URL]
Drops the URL when you save it. So i'm guessing even though it's listed in the allowed code the URL code isn't allowed.

syzygy

3 Year Member
Scoolman seems like a nice guy, but it would be more efficient if he explained how he's doing it instead of doing it for everybody.
I'm just confused because the same BBC code that works for this in several other forums (and seems to work within our actual posts) doesn't work in the signature area.

Last edited:

SasyStace

3 Year Member
Scoolman seems like a nice guy, but it would be more efficient if he explained how he's doing it instead of doing it for everybody.
I'm just confused because the same BBC code that works for this in several other forums (and seems to work within our actual posts) doesn't work in the signature area.

maybe it's not as efficient to just explain it. I reckon when folks don't understand they just end up asking endless questions to him anyways, so he most likely found the most efficient way was to just offer his services and do for the members for free. :) PS. Scoolman is a fantastic Moderator and always helpful.

syzygy

3 Year Member
maybe it's not as efficient to just explain it. I reckon when folks don't understand they just end up asking endless questions to him anyways, so he most likely found the most efficient way was to just offer his services and do for the members for free. :) PS. Scoolman is a fantastic Moderator and always helpful.

I can see that. Definitely not trying to speak poorly of Scoolman...just hate to see him get bombarded with 100 "now do mine" requests. I'd like to think this is a simple issue and that he could post example text of something that works that we can all cut/paste/edit/win. I'm starting to think, though, that since the preview works that its really just a permissions issue.

SasyStace

3 Year Member
I can see that. Definitely not trying to speak poorly of Scoolman...just hate to see him get bombarded with 100 "now do mine" requests. I'd like to think this is a simple issue and that he could post example text of something that works that we can all cut/paste/edit/win. I'm starting to think, though, that since the preview works that its really just a permissions issue.

:) I know you weren't. Yes permissions could very well be the reason, I was just thinking about doing mine and it seems like too much work while I am at work hahahahaha. I will play around with some codes and see if I can make a quick cut and paste option for those of us not wanting to bombard scoolman :)

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
And some wouldn't care less of their signatures... LOL :D

CrypticSpider

3 Year Member
URL code isn't happy with me. keeps dropping without any other code with it.
So if I use
Code:
My T List - [URL=http://tarantulaforum.com/threads/kormaths-ts.6670/]Click![/URL]
Then it should show My T List - Click! and the click should be the link, but it drops the URL code when i save the changes and becomes plain text.

Even using just the URL tag like this
Code:
My Collection - [URL]http://tarantulaforum.com/threads/kormaths-ts.6670/[/URL]
Drops the URL when you save it. So i'm guessing even though it's listed in the allowed code the URL code isn't allowed.

Need to use Hyperlink code/option. :)

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I really dont mind helping out. Hyperlinking sig lines is really quite easy, and takes very little time. It actually takes longer to find the pages to be linked than it takes link them.
If want you me to do it just set your sig the way you want it, with the full url pasted in. I can take that and set it up in just a minutes or so.
For those who want to give it a go:
In the post editor is the hyperlink option, looks like a section of chain.
First go to the page you want to link and cooy the url.
Then In the editor, type the word you want "My Photos" for example
Then highlight the the word you just typed
Next click the hyperlink icon
It will open a text box where you will post the url you copied earlier
Click 'save'
Viola, you have a hyperlinkd signature line

syzygy

3 Year Member
CrypticSpider said:
Love me some BBCode. :D
My sig works.

Sorry...neither linked aspect of yours appears to be working

Scoolman said:
In the post editor is the hyperlink option, looks like a section of chain.

In the post editor the hyperlink button is there. In the signature editor it is not. At least not for me.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I think that might be the problem. Members might not have the permissions to put hyper links in the signature line.
So we are back to Enn49 sharing her awesome signature (hin hintj, or mods doing simple hyper links for members wanting it.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You know, I just realized, I have had a hyper link to my blog in my sig for years, for as long as I have been on this forum. I wonder what has changed

Latest posts