• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Meet Kable

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Super cute!
Thanks! Well, he hasn't taken any noms but I think it was because he was too full! He pooped twice yesterday (on my boyfriend haha) and then at some point between when I left him and went back to see if he had eating the pinkie I was trying. I think the next try in a few days (Saturday) might have a better outcome! I also know Kingsnakes just like to be like this and finicky haha but until then lets all look at his cuteness!
20160620_180645.jpg
Almost got his tongue here, this is just before he stuck it out at me ^
20160620_180627.jpg
20160620_180558.jpg

A flash brings out his black so nicely, but also makes him more yellow than he really is ^

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
After 3 weeks (and two! poops) it seems that Kable has settled and finally taken a meal! Ugh, it feels good seeing he has taken the meal. I wasn't stressed about it, because I did my research and knew that sometimes Kingsnakes just don't want food..but its just still nice when they do!
20160624_194509.jpg

With a flash hence the yellow-ness. This is about 2 minutes after I had put in the pinkie, he had started to uncoil from under his towel under his hide.
20160624_194515.jpg

Same picture without flash.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Well done, I said you'd get that photo eventually and I'm so pleased to hear that he's feeding well now. :)

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
You did. Yeah, he took his second meal like a champ. Probably within 15 minutes of me putting it in there post changing his towel. And that was when there was a lot of activity as we were moving stuff in and there was people in and out.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
I held Kable the other day for the first time since I got him. I had my boyfriend take pictures. And I also have a picture of him being silly.
20160709_092256.jpg
He settled right in to my hands. Still not a huge fan of my boyfriend but getting better.
20160709_200355.jpg
He kept moving his paper towel. I gave him a new one because he's silly.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Psyrocke He's so cute. If I was you I'd swap the paper towel for fine beech chip for substrate. It makes cleaning much easier as all you need do is remove the soiled bit without having to empty all his décor out.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Right now he has only a small amount of decor, and I usually don't have to swap twice a week. I just swap post poop. This is the first time he's bunched up his towel. If he does it again, I will maybe do that, if I can find it. I can't seem to recall seeing fine substrate.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Sadly, there is not a Petco near me (yet). July 25th it opens. But I'll double check my LPS in case I was just blind or he's renewed his inventory which he does frequently.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
He is so pretty, seriously. If I had the funds I'd get one ;)
(reverse striped, then I'd name it Generic)

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
He is so pretty, seriously. If I had the funds I'd get one ;)
(reverse striped, then I'd name it Generic)
Thanks! And haha, clever idea. He wasn't as pricey as I was expecting him to be as a "specialty" morph. Also, now that he is eating amazingly, look how big he's become:
20160711_215925.jpg
20160711_215930.jpg

My boyfriend and I are expecting signs of a shed end of this month, beginning next. He was fed Saturday, and pooped at some point Monday, these photos were taken post clean up, hence the exploration.

Also as a note @Kymura the flash makes him more yellow than he is. If you go to the top of this thread, he is more that high white color to the naked eye.

Last edited:

Latest posts