• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lp Breeding Project

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well. My male is getting on in years, so i fed them both and gave it one last shot..he did the deed and she tried to eat him. He ended up on my shoulder, unharmed, and she has been refusing to eat for a month. I don't know what the hell is going on. Shes fat, but not huge..anyway we'll see i suppose..

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
I do have T stirmi breeding projects in the works, and P regalis, but those seem like pipe dreams if I can't breed Lps.
from the videos I've watched on youtube the regalis isn't hard to breed it's just incredibly time consuming... but they also said the female rarely eats the male in regalis genus but they will drum for hours so most owners take their chance and leave them together overnight if the female has been over feed

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's unfortunate. Hopefully you have better luck in the future. Idk what my LP is yet. From what i heard they look similar for a while.
Yes, I figured if I could handle an Lp sac, I could handle anything. Too bad, no test for me..but, as I said both A anax are huge and obviously gravid. I've gained a huge appreciation for my local spiders. The females look like B albiceps only smaller and less bulky. They sit in the open like Brachypelma too, which surprised me. Gorgeous girls, I'll give some of the babies to friends, and release the rest in my yard, in premade burrows, where they belong :) I may ship some out for shipping costs, depending on demand here. Aphonopelma dont get in any hurry to grow..

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes, I figured if I could handle an Lp sac, I could handle anything. Too bad, no test for me..but, as I said both A anax are huge and obviously gravid. I've gained a huge appreciation for my local spiders. The females look like B albiceps only smaller and less bulky. They sit in the open like Brachypelma too, which surprised me. Gorgeous girls, I'll give some of the babies to friends, and release the rest in my yard, in premade burrows, where they belong :) I may ship some out for shipping costs, depending on demand here. Aphonopelma dont get in any hurry to grow..
They will survive in the wild?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They will survive in the wild?
Certainly, I caught one of my breeding males in my back yard, I caught one female and a male at the hospital I work at, and my nephew caught the other in a parking lot nearby. ;) Id like to populate my area with A moderatum, but I'm not sure if that's right or not yet, as they live an hr or two south and also west of me. There's a lot of questions that pop up when you think of doing something like that. Ethics and all. The anax population here is abundant..will they cross breed? I certainly don't want that..but I do want moderatum in my field..what are the chances they're already there, and I just haven't found them? I need the Aphonopelma revisionists to camp out in my yard:D