• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lp Breeding Project

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The long awaited molt from my female Lp has finally come, and she's flipped back over. Six weeks from now, Ron Jeremy and Princess Fluffybutt will meet again. I've been discouraged by friends, family, and other hobbyists from breeding Lp, because they're common, and plentiful in the hobby, and they have 2000 babies, blah, blah, blah, I love me some Lp, I'm makin babies. Hopefully :) Six weeks..

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
WP_20160314_06_33_26_Pro.jpg
MM sitting next to his recently made sperm web.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The long awaited molt from my female Lp has finally come, and she's flipped back over. Six weeks from now, Ron Jeremy and Princess Fluffybutt will meet again. I've been discouraged by friends, family, and other hobbyists from breeding Lp, because they're common, and plentiful in the hobby, and they have 2000 babies, blah, blah, blah, I love me some Lp, I'm makin babies. Hopefully :) Six weeks..
Great names......still smiling at them. Good luck :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Good luck. Funny I'm thinking of picking up a 4.5/5" + LP pair and doing this exact same thing. How big is that girl?
Thanks :D She was 8 1/2 " in a rested position last time I got a decent measurement. She doesn't look to have gained a whole lot of size, I don't think she'll get any bigger. The male is 7 1/2 easy, very lanky, and a puppy dog. I don't know if he has the aggression needed for this girl, she's no pushover..last year she slapped him several times and drove him away, after three or four attempts I gave up and waited for her to molt. I'm still powerfeeding her in the hopes that she doesn't kill him. She bulky and big and surprisingly fast. I don't care for his chances if I can't stop her.

Arachnid dude

3 Year Member
Thanks :D She was 8 1/2 " in a rested position last time I got a decent measurement. She doesn't look to have gained a whole lot of size, I don't think she'll get any bigger. The male is 7 1/2 easy, very lanky, and a puppy dog. I don't know if he has the aggression needed for this girl, she's no pushover..last year she slapped him several times and drove him away, after three or four attempts I gave up and waited for her to molt. I'm still powerfeeding her in the hopes that she doesn't kill him. She bulky and big and surprisingly fast. I don't care for his chances if I can't stop her.

Wow yeah big girl with a attitude...gotta love it. :D I've got a little 2" unsexed LP right now but this pair I'm looking at, the female is 5" and just molted so a little bigger. Yeah if you can't stop her then I hate to say but oh well....I mean it's gonna happen soon enough naturally.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
True enough. He belongs to another forum member though. I'd like to breed them successfully and have the male still alive when it's through. Ideally. I've already had one male porteri get eaten. I don't care for it much.I have plenty of prey items -.-

Arachnid dude

3 Year Member
Yeah if he's on a loan from another member then I would do everything possible to protect him. My plan is to have some sort of divider - plexiglass / lid to a sterile tub and some tongs, basically hover over them on the ready to intervene if needed. I guess I'll see how it goes when the time comes, things never seem to go exactly as you plan it out in your mind. I've heard/read of those perfect breedings with no aggression what so ever and the male can simply walk away from her without harm, dunno how much of a reality that is.

Latest posts