• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Kukulcania arizonica

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Feeding day for me. Had some extra time so decided to take a few photos to share. I just removed a molt today. This is an overhead shot of the Kukulcania arizonica or the Arizona Black Hole spider. They are a great beginner true spider. Have a decent life span and very low maintenance. Good webbers. I use a terrestrial set up and treat it as an arid species with regard to humidity. Will transfer to a 2 gallon tank shortly. I have an adult female that I have had for over 2 years. I did not include a water dish as my adult has never used it. This is a juvi (approximately 1").

IMG_2027_zpsdxdnovh4.jpg

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Beautiful. I keep looking for a K hibernalis in my area and can't find any..they leave tell tale webs but I never find the spiders, not even males out searching for females. Just occasional webs..
They tend to bury themselves deep in the webs. Throw some food on the web just for fun to see what happens? :)

Latest posts