• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ken the bug guy

William Earle

3 Year Member
False alarm. My spider lived, but was badly dehydrated. She's not eating the mealworms I got her and she's trying to climb the glass of her critter keeper. I guess this means she's hungry. I'll try to get her some crickets this week.

Meludox

3 Year Member
False alarm. My spider lived, but was badly dehydrated. She's not eating the mealworms I got her and she's trying to climb the glass of her critter keeper. I guess this means she's hungry. I'll try to get her some crickets this week.
Just give it some time to settle in. If she's not eating now, wait a few days or a week and try again. She is climbing because she is exploring but it is also possible that the enclosure has too much moisture in it and she is trying to avoid that.

swimbait

3 Year Member

If you have moist substrate that's why it's climbing the sides.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm surprised that he hasn't gotten back. Ken 's usually pretty good about communicating to people in a timely manner. Ken doesn't go on this forum to my knowledge, even if he did, he likely only uses it for posting ads. The way you worded your other post made it seem like you posting as if you were talking directly to Ken. He doesn't use this forum for talking directly with people, even it is business related, and he likely won't even see your post. Your best bet is to just contact him on his site and email him there, like you've been doing. If you haven't already, take a picture and send it to him. Personally that would be the very first thing I'd do, even before emailing the seller for the first time. I totally understand your frustration with the whole situation, but Ken is constantly receiving emails and orders 24/7 , and also having to maintain all of his invertebrates at the same time, plus deal with business related things. I guess I've done this myself (on a much much smaller scale of course) , so I'm a bit more understanding than the average person (or at least customer), and I can imagine how overwhelming it must be for guys and gals that do these types of things for a living. You definitely shouldn't give up trying to contact him though.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm surprised that he hasn't gotten back. Ken 's usually pretty good about communicating to people in a timely manner. Ken doesn't go on this forum to my knowledge, even if he did, he likely only uses it for posting ads. The way you worded your other post made it seem like you posting as if you were talking directly to Ken. He doesn't use this forum for talking directly with people, even it is business related, and he likely won't even see your post. Your best bet is to just contact him on his site and email him there, like you've been doing. If you haven't already, take a picture and send it to him. Personally that would be the very first thing I'd do, even before emailing the seller for the first time. I totally understand your frustration with the whole situation, but Ken is constantly receiving emails and orders 24/7 , and also having to maintain all of his invertebrates at the same time, plus deal with business related things. I guess I've done this myself (on a much much smaller scale of course) , so I'm a bit more understanding than the average person (or at least customer), and I can imagine how overwhelming it must be for guys and gals that do these types of things for a living. You definitely shouldn't give up trying to contact him though.
He used to post here. Scroll back to the first page and he's got some posts after some idiotic complaints. ;)

syzygy

3 Year Member
It sounds like many have had great experiences with Ken, but I wouldn't discount some of the others experiences here on the negative side because the communication and packing issues mentioned mirror identically with my experiences.

I can go into all the details if needed (it would be a long post), but I've ordered T's online at least a dozen times over the last 15 years and all of my other transactions went flawlessly with emails replied to,T's packed and labeled properly and arriving in 1 piece.

It's too bad because his selection is great and the T's that arrived alive were very healthy and continue to thrive.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
received the A. chalcodes 3"+ female from Ken last week. Perfect service as always. Great packaging, question i emailed was promptly (within 2 hours) answered. Ken is still my go-to and most referred vendor.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just received 3 adult C gracilis from KTBG, my first transaction with him, oddly enough. I requested, and received, 2 females and one male. They're all fat and sassy, couldn't be more pleased, this was one of the fastest transactions I've made, for sure, and everything was perfect.

Thistles

3 Year Member
I've made several purchases from Ken. The most recent was very satisfactory. I won one of his facebook auctions, then added a few more specimens to the order. I recommend checking out his facebook page for new offerings.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just received 5 more Centruroides sculpturatus(for a total of six adults) and 4 little one inch hentzi from Ken, flawless transaction. Will be buying more from him, when he gets a few more sp of scorpions. I must say, he sent me a gravid female gracilis, and if I'm not mistaken, he just sent me a gravid sculpturatus as well. I love you, Ken, wherever you are. No homo brah. BFFF! :D

user 666

3 Year Member
I bought 3 juveniles from Ken, only to be informed later that two were out of stock.

I cancelled the order.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Does anyone know what is going on with Ken the Bug Guy? Known for his vast inventory and rare inverts, I have notice a diminished stock available for purchase and nothing new in quite a while? Hope all is well.

Shelby Fallker

3 Year Member
I find KentheBugGuy to be very prompt and kind as far as correspondence goes. As a beginner I messaged him with the species I was looking for and although he didn't have them in stock, he recommended a T with a similar temperment that I hadn't even considered and that will be my next purchase! I think his prices are good and I am hoping his packaging will be superb. Its a little cold here so I'll have to wait til its safe to ship but I will update when I get my new A.Chalcodes

Latest posts