• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Jamie's Tarantulas :)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have placed three orders with Jamie and only have great things to say. The slings all arrived with great packaging and in healthy, lively condition. Her communication has been great. I bought a tiny Euathlus sp. red from her and inquired what feeder she was using for it. Not only did she respond to my message quickly, she even sent a follow up email the next week just to make sure things were still going okay. I have no doubt I'll be placing another order from her in the future.
how were the vials packed? I wasn't impressed with her packing on my last order, there was only maybe one thin layer of towel in the vial, to much room in there for accident to happen.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
how were the vials packed? I wasn't impressed with her packing on my last order, there was only maybe one thin layer of towel in the vial, to much room in there for accident to happen.

That'a how my chaco was. It kinda look lke it was crumpled up and put in there(the tissue not the T). The T was alive. But i was like wtf when i first opened the vial

yeahhtrue

3 Year Member

There seemed to be a pretty thick layer of paper towel cushioning for all three slings that I've ordered. I didn't feel that they were packaged unsafely and all three were very lively when they arrived. But all three of my T's have come from Jamie so far, so I do admit I have no other vendors to compare packaging against.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There seemed to be a pretty thick layer of paper towel cushioning for all three slings that I've ordered. I didn't feel that they were packaged unsafely and all three were very lively when they arrived. But all three of my T's have come from Jamie so far, so I do admit I have no other vendors to compare packaging against.
I found a nj seller. If you are interested

Cesar G.

3 Year Member
I never really post on forums but I was looking for a way to review my experience with this vendor.

I purchased a b. Vagans sling and soon after the safe and comfy arrival I saw a female Aphonopelma chalcodes available and jumped on that opportunity. Her pricing even with shipping beat out my local vendors here in LA California.

Her beginner sling kits are pretty awesome. The price is great considering all it has inside and the convenience. The sling was very lively. It immediately started exploring and burrowing. The packaging it's tight, and with very little movement available while handling. Both T's came with tissue securely wrapped around them and moist.

My Aphonopelma chalcodes is absolutely gorgeous. No posters and no hairs thrown in transfer. 3.5-4 inch. True to size. I'm just in love with this girl.

Ha, In ways I wish this experience wasn't so pleasant. It's going to make it harder to resist scrolling through her selection and not pressing the add to cart button.

Super happy with her prompt delivery, secure packaging, and her beautiful T's.

https://www.jamiestarantulas.com

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I recently purchased a P Striata from Jamie's, my first pokie!! I also purchased a juvenile cage and feeder roaches.

The T arrived in perfect condition as did the enclosure. The only problem is that it's very tight and hard to get open.

I elected to use another enclosure entirely. The important thing is that the T is healthy and happy.

I did the signature required on the shipping.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I would also note that my H spinifer scorpling loves the juvenile terrestrial enclosure much better then the larger one I used before.

That larger one more houses my pokie featured elsewhere here under pokie section.

The sling has eaten one cricket and probably a few of the lats which were much smaller then I thought.

My other critters also like the lats however!!

Getlost50

Really, I found these people to be complete idiots. Bought 3 t s from them and all have been smaller than stated. The last t I bought was a p highland and died less than 48 hours after delivery. Found the t on his back trying to molt. Unfortunately they shipped during pre molt. They can’t even stay on top of what is going on with there t’s. Pathetic breeder, if that’s what you want to call these idiots.

Last edited:

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just got a somewhat uncommon T in the hobby from Jamie's, E olivacea to be exact.

Yes, these are a little bit pricey but still under $100. Packaging was perfect. The temperature of the tarantula was perfect and the unboxing went smoothly.

The little fellow is settling in great. He's proving to be a fairly calm T & can be seen around various parts of the enclosure. Since these guys are supposed to act like OBTs, I have him in a modified juvenile arboreal enclosure, also from Jamie's. These enclosures can be used as is or personified to exactly how you want them. That one is under $20, which is a bargain & comes with everything.

I give Jamie's a score of 11 out of 10. Also, do consider getting one of these before the supply runs out. The demand exceeds the supply, or just get an OBT. She usually has those as well.

I posted an update on the T itself elsewhere on this forum.

Latest posts