• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Jamie's Tarantulas :)

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Just wanted to do a review for Jamie's Tarantulas!

I bought all 3 of my Ts from Jamie and have had very satisfactory experiences. I keep going back because her prices are extremely reasonable, the website is very tastefully done and I really like her selection of Ts. (New ones are posted frequently, too.) They are very well-packed for shipping and have always arrived healthy.

Not too long ago I ordered a Paraphysa parvula (Chilean Gold Burst) based on its docility and unique appearance...I was intending to make her another hand pet. She turned out to be a very defensive individual! I was able to return her in exchange for the two lovely slings I currently have.

I would recommend Jamie's Tarantulas to anyone in the market for a new T. :)

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
Good breeder to do business with. I ordered a GBB sling, unfortunately, when it arrived it was dead. Jamie and Jon promptly honored their live arrival guarantee and sent me a replacement. The second one is happy and healthy. I would buy from them again.

CrystalRose

3 Year Member
I've gotten 2 of my T's from Jaimes and had no problems. Both arrived alive and happy. I will definitely be going back to her in the future. :)

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just completed another awesome transaction from Jamie's. Picked up two slings: Avicularia versicolor and Avicularia purperia. Well packed and very healthy upon opening. Also picked up several more terrestrial enclosures . They are the best!

Nubee 2 Ts

3 Year Member
Hi, my very first T getting back into the hobby was from Jamie's Ts and it couldn't have gone better and I honestly believe that had it not I would not have gotten back into Ts. I'm actualy looking to get two more from her here in the next week or so... soon as the weather allows. Nothing but good things to say about Jamie's Ts :)

DewDrop

3 Year Member
I JUST got a little G. Rosea spiderling that my husband bought for us on Jamie's tarantulas. It devoured a small cricket, kicking little spider hairs. It is a healthy, active, real sweet little spider, adorable. The customer service is great, but don't wear it out. They responded right off and once they confirmed they were still in business, I was hooked on the idea of bringing a little rose hair into the family and my husband insisted that he buy the arachnid. Let me just tell you that finding a collector like this that is real professional but not willing to put up with demanding and insistent customers, might seem like a financial risk at first, but we spent under $100 total on everything, closer to fifty, and for that price it was just worth taking a chance. For a pet that will live a long time, even if it is male, which I think it might be, getting one this young from a pet store is nearly impossible. When raising a spiderling you really get to spend more time enjoying it. I didn't realize at first they took paypal or I wouldn't of ask if they were in business. It is like buying from your neighbor, or something. It is as advertised. Read the fine print. It was a difficult decision to buy from them because the site is unfinished, there is no phone number, she responded to an email politely but reminding me that it was alright if I didn't wanna buy because of the contact preference, then, she referred to another site who was reputable just in case I need that extra reassurance before spending my money. Which being disabled, I needed that conformation I wasn't going to get ripped off. Anyway, yeah, they are collectors that are established well enough by way of public opinion that it is worth shopping. I know that if I order I will receive my purchase. Thanks.

Ryrythespiderguy

3 Year Member
i ordered my first tarantula off jamie however when i ordered the tarantula i accidentally made a typo in my email address and immediately fixed it after purchase, i have emailed her several times, made posts on her Facebook page, and messaged her through fb, it has been 5 now and not received one response at all and i have no clue where my veriscolor is :( id hate for it to arrive a day I'm gone and die from being out in the cold. i need to get in contact with her immediately because obviously whoever is in charge of customer service has not been doing their job. Have any others experienced this from her because i feel as though i am the only one? also please get back to me if anybody knows a number i can call to contact her??

Meludox

3 Year Member
i ordered my first tarantula off jamie however when i ordered the tarantula i accidentally made a typo in my email address and immediately fixed it after purchase, i have emailed her several times, made posts on her Facebook page, and messaged her through fb, it has been 5 now and not received one response at all and i have no clue where my veriscolor is :( id hate for it to arrive a day I'm gone and die from being out in the cold. i need to get in contact with her immediately because obviously whoever is in charge of customer service has not been doing their job. Have any others experienced this from her because i feel as though i am the only one? also please get back to me if anybody knows a number i can call to contact her??
When did this happen? How long has it been since you contacted her? I have never experienced anything but great communication from her. Unfortunately she does not have a phone number, so I guess you'll just have to wait until she responds to the emails; I can't see her ignoring you on purpose. :confused: Hope this gets sorted out.