• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my tarantula sick?

Hafiz

3 Year Member
Its like something on it abdomen after molt a days ago , there no hair around that thing and not inly one but two , what is that? A growth on abdomen or been bite by criket? On the picture is a small black dot but theres bigger than that below its abdomen . Help me guys im newbie

Hafiz

3 Year Member
Its like something on it abdomen after molt a days ago , there no hair around that thing and not inly one but two , what is that? A growth on abdomen or been bite by criket? On the picture is a small black dot but theres bigger than that below its abdomen . Help me guys im newbie

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Meanwhile, where on the abdomen? If you mean the underside (belly area) quite possibly the booklungs, don't always show till they get a bit of size to them?

Hafiz

3 Year Member
Meanwhile, where on the abdomen? If you mean the underside (belly area) quite possibly the booklungs, don't always show till they get a bit of size to them?
That black dot , WHAT IS THAT THING?
help me please , already a week after molting , still didn't eat and seem like weak :(

Attachments

• IMG-20161125-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20161125-WA0001.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 26

Nicolas C

3 Year Member
Ok, in fact I see two weird black spots on your photo.

When did it appear? Right after molt? Did you notice that before?

Could be either some tumors (nothing you can do about that, but your T could survive), or something stuck on the abdomen (a fragment of the old skin?), or a healed wound. In the two last cases, only thing you have to do is wait: it will be gone with the next few molts.

In other words, as far as I can tell (I'm no doctor, and maybe someone else has better options), you cannot do anything yet. Give it always access to fresh water (in a small bottle cap for instance): if it was wounded, it will need to drink. Keep offering food (fitting size) and see what happens; remove the food if it is not taken after a couple of hours. If your T doesn't eat in about two weeks after the molt, try to offer it a pre killed cricket.

You may increase a little bit the temps if needed to trigger appetite (for instance: 25-28°C = 77-82°F).

Hafiz

3 Year Member
Ok, in fact I see two weird black spots on your photo.

When did it appear? Right after molt? Did you notice that before?

Could be either some tumors (nothing you can do about that, but your T could survive), or something stuck on the abdomen (a fragment of the old skin?), or a healed wound. In the two last cases, only thing you have to do is wait: it will be gone with the next few molts.

In other words, as far as I can tell (I'm no doctor, and maybe someone else has better options), you cannot do anything yet. Give it always access to fresh water (in a small bottle cap for instance): if it was wounded, it will need to drink. Keep offering food (fitting size) and see what happens; remove the food if it is not taken after a couple of hours. If your T doesn't eat in about two weeks after the molt, try to offer it a pre killed cricket.

You may increase a little bit the temps if needed to trigger appetite (for instance: 25-28°C = 77-82°F).
It appear after molt , before that my T don't have it , i think cricket bite him because a cricket hiding when molting and when i notice i throw the cricket away , or maybe because i didn't change the soil just took him to a new container and put a wet tissue inside , just worried because my T seems like weak and not eat after molting about a week already , about temperature maybe not a problem , i lived in malaysia , room temperature is 28+- maybe

Latest posts