• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

http://www.spidersonline.pl US buyer question

Pearl Dusenbery

3 Year Member
Has anyone in the US bought any T's from here? If so what was your experience with them? They have awesome prices but I'm afraid that since they're overseas my T may not make the trip and I didn't see a LAG policy or any policy for that fact.

If it would not be a good idea for me to buy from them is there another place that has good prices on Acanthoscurria geniculata?

Thanks

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Never tried them. Not having a policy or terms of service displayed is not very encouraging though. Try petcenterUSA, jaimies tarantulas, kenthebugguy, netbug, swifts tarantulas, any of the well spoken of US dealers in this section. The classifieds have some good stuff too, Pinchers&pokies exotics, CaseyK, a few others, all with great reviews. A geniculata are fairly common. Excellent choice too:) I saw your post about Backwater Reptiles. All I can say is you got lucky. They've had a bad reputation for a very long time in the reptile/invertebrate hobbys. I do see occasional good reviews, but mostly bad ones. Wrong species, wrong sex, dead on arrivals, poor customer service. There are much better options than overseas or a drop shipper like Backwater Reptiles. Just my dos pesos.

Pearl Dusenbery

3 Year Member
Thanks. I have always had good luck with them. I used to get turtles from them and even got a couple of snakes there and always had a good experience. I did some more research and found an excellent price at pet center USA

Thistles

3 Year Member
It would be illegal for you to order them from overseas without proper paperwork. By that point the price won't look so appealing.

Pearl Dusenbery

3 Year Member
Yea I went through the checkout far enough to get shipping cost and it was only $8 which made me real leary cuz there's no way it could b that cheap and get to me overnight. The spider would b dead by the time it got here

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yea I went through the checkout far enough to get shipping cost and it was only $8 which made me real leary cuz there's no way it could b that cheap and get to me overnight. The spider would b dead by the time it got here

They would be sent to you by the normal postal service taking the risk of your customs catching them. I've had Ts take 10 days through the post from Poland before and all arrived alive and well but we don't have the customs legislations that you do. I wouldn't risk it at this time of year though.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Has anyone in the US bought any T's from here? If so what was your experience with them? They have awesome prices but I'm afraid that since they're overseas my T may not make the trip and I didn't see a LAG policy or any policy for that fact.

If it would not be a good idea for me to buy from them is there another place that has good prices on Acanthoscurria geniculata?

Thanks
Where did you go?