• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Heterometrus petersii

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
How they doing Enn? :)

They're doing great thanks Mass. Tic is very confident and wiil stand its ground waving those pincers at you but Tac has always hidden away until recently and is now coming up to moult.

Tic
DSCF7843 (2).JPG

Tac
DSCF5914 (3).JPG

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Gorgeous. I'm glad they're doing well for you :) Scorplings, in my experience, are a bit more delicate than spiderlings. They grow tougher as they grow bigger. I've researched as much as possible and I still lose the little ones occasionally. Scorplings being kept the same as the rest just die for no reason..ugh, I'm being grim again. Yours look healthy though, and seem to be past the more delicate, tiny stage. You should check out flat rock scorps ;) Very cool, they get big and unique looking, have weak venom and huge claws. Very simple to keep and available. Mine has pinched me a few times but never stung, and she lets go fairly quickly. She's a character :) I've read they are very tough to breed. I'll be trying it soon, anyway.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sadly Tac never moulted and died yesterday :(. The good news is that Tic is growing like a weed, very confident and very visible now:).

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
An update on Tic.

It's turning into a very confident little scorp, eats well and seems to be growing well. Tonight it wandered onto my sons hand and almost refused to go back into its container.

DSCF9140.JPG

DSCF9141.JPG

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Best of luck with your scorps molt! My P imperator should have molt a thousand years ago, but I'm still waiting... Definitely not the same pace as tarantulas... or is it me not caring well?

Thanks. We seem to have waited ages for this one too

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Best of luck with your scorps molt! My P imperator should have molt a thousand years ago, but I'm still waiting... Definitely not the same pace as tarantulas... or is it me not caring well?
Somehow I don't think it's you Nicolas :) It is a bit like waiting for water to boil, don't stand and watch, it takes forever..;)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A few new pics of Tic.

In its favourite hidey hole
DSCF0012 (2).JPG

"I'll get you"
DSCF0016 (2).JPG

Dinner is served
DSCF0026 (2).JPG

Yummy. (The dark patch on the cork is 1.75" to give you an idea of Tic's size)
DSCF0028 (3).JPG

Last edited:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Marija

3 Year Member
We started ours off in one of these http://bugzarre.co.uk/epages/950002515.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002515/Products/MVCDB. Because they are Forest scorpions we were advised to put a layer of gravel in the bottom with coco fibre on top. it had a few small pieces of cork bark and a small pile of sphagnum moss at one end. Give it a gentle misting every few days and it should do fine.
I think I'll have a big glass tank ready for it when it arrives. I'll get some gravel and a good hide then. So the coco fiber needs to be damp, right? Is the sphagnum moss mandatory?

Latest posts