• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help! I'm not sure what is going on!

psychdoc

3 Year Member
I have an unsexed GBB measuring 5 cm who is acting weird. I've had him/her for 3 months & he/she is yet to moult. He has been fed and watered and pampered like my kids. In the past two week, he/she has shrunk & seems limp & listless. The only variable is the vivarium temp may have gotten as low as 60 for 1-2 days. Is this a moult? Is he/she dying? Help?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Can you post a photo of her and her setup? What you're describing is a bit weird. I'm not sure what could be going on. I don't think those temps would make her act like she is especially if it was just a day or two...

psychdoc

3 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395097204.521180.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395097248.670817.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395097258.587345.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395097277.754331.jpg

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
doesn't look like it's ready to molt just yet, may however be the beginning of pre-molt. S/He's not knuckling nor does s/he look dehydrated. Slow down on feeding, and just watch. If its abdomen starts to darken that's is a sign of pre-moult.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Knuckling is when the tarantula curls all it's legs beneath it. as if it were a hand making a fist. It's something dying tarantulas do.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
she looks fine, not quite at pre-molt but could be close. just make sure she has water available, and give her some space. What is that substrate btw?

psychdoc

3 Year Member
In RE space? She has a piece of bark in her area and has a very nice burrow in it, but stays on the other side cramped against wall & bark. She's just weird= she has a bed but won't sleep in it. She hasn't been in burrow in weeks.

Latest posts