• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello

Dabegill

3 Year Member
Name is Adam

Came across an Oklahoma Brown on a recent job out here in the patch. Hung around a small barrow under a plate rock.Very cool T. Didn't mind me hanging around it and gathering crickets and tossing them his/her way. This has prompted me on gathering some info online and possibly purchasing a T.

Just saying hi!

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's how I got my start (except for seeing one in the wild--LOL). Anyway, A. Hentzi is a great first choice for a tarantula. Very handleable, as long as you find a specimen that is not quick to hair you. Welcome aboard @Dabegill

Dabegill

3 Year Member
That's how I got my start (except for seeing one in the wild--LOL). Anyway, A. Hentzi is a great first choice for a tarantula. Very handleable, as long as you find a specimen that is not quick to hair you. Welcome aboard @Dabegill

Honestly that's what I want. Just a docile spider for the mean time to get my feet wet. I've watched a few videos on youtube on how to build some nice glass terr. How is the market here on the forums, have you used them and can recommend anyone?

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thank you for the recommendation @WolfSpider :)and welcome aboard, Adam! So very nice to meet you and welcome you to one of the friendliest online invert forums! There are so many nice folks here that will gladly offer you any information needed to get you going in the right direction! :) If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me! I'm available at all times day and night, lol. Might take me a minute to get back to you but I check my messages on a daily/nightly basis. If you're in the market to purchase any T's, this place is a wonderful place to start! Good luck and happy hunting! :T:

Nanchantress

3 Year Member
"Came across an Oklahoma Brown on a recent job out here in the patch."

That's how I got my start 6 years ago. I was out driving around town (Albuquerque, NM) and saw a tarantula cross the road in front of me TWICE IN ONE DAY. I had never seen one in the wild and had never even thought about them before that day. I took it as a "sign" and started researching them. I learned it was mating season, so I probably saw males on the prowl. And the rest is history, as they say.

Dabegill

3 Year Member
Thought I'd post an update! On the sun tigers. Making themselves at home. Will be redoing one of the suntiger enclosures. (One of those little guys loves hanging out on the leafs glued to the door, which was a bad idea)

Went on a good buying spree as well, have had 2 molts which was very cool. I bought a king babon today. He's put up in the dark atm in a new enclosure since that ride home was a bit rough on them back roads.

Attachments

• IMG_1151.JPG
    IMG_1151.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1152.JPG
    IMG_1152.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1149.JPG
    IMG_1149.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 11

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Damn Adam! You caught the addiction hard and fast! And jumping into a King Baboon this early! Impressive. It's like discovering reefer and jumping to meth and fentanyl in a few weeks! Just kidding buddy, I'm actually impressed. I've been doing this for a couple of years and I'm still frightened of the Mighty King. You need to meet @Shampain -- kindred spirits.

P.S. Nice display case

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thought I'd post an update! On the sun tigers. Making themselves at home. Will be redoing one of the suntiger enclosures. (One of those little guys loves hanging out on the leafs glued to the door, which was a bad idea)

Went on a good buying spree as well, have had 2 molts which was very cool. I bought a king babon today. He's put up in the dark atm in a new enclosure since that ride home was a bit rough on them back roads.

Wait until you have 2 book cases and 4x 750lb test shelving units full of them. ;) Think about 600-1000 tarantulas to take care of. Lol. There's no rehab for folks like us so you better get used to your addiction. :D

Dabegill

3 Year Member
haha!

The king is about an inch and a qtr currently. So all he wanted to do was hide under anything he could scurry toward. Was transferring him with a friend and we both gave each other some good jabs to the side. We watched a lot of videos on them and expected a war but he/she was cool as heck. Gave it a peak this morning and it's already started working its way down the side of the enclosure making its burrow.

The sun tigers have an appetite, my pink toe molted last night as well. Very cool.

Latest posts