• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Goodbye Raven

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sadly, my son's C. versicolor passed last night. She'd started molting Sunday night. My son thought something was wrong yesterday morning but left her alone. Almost wishing he wouldn't have, we might have been able to save her then. Last night around bed time he broght her in to my room. She had freed 3 legs from the exo, lost 3 others in the process, and had the other 2 still stuck.

As gently as we could we removed her from her web tunnel, and with a soft make up brush and water i was able to get one leg free. That's when i noticed both pedipalps and both fangs were gone. So rather than let her suffer more my son and I discussed it and decided it was best to end the suffering then.

She was one of his favorite spiders, and he took it really hard, sucks to lose your favorites. Worse to see him so upset about it. So today, he's going to bury her in the back yard and have his own private little ceremony.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm so sorry to hear that. It's heart-breaking to lose a much loved T :(. Please tell your son I'm thinking of him.

Latest posts