• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Giant Japanese Funnel Web

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not the greatest pic but showing off my Giant Japanese Funnel Web. Very rare primitive spider and one of my pride and joy's :)

IMG_2122_zpsltwn4h2y.jpg

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Love the waxy appearance of the legs and body. The massive jaws are quite intimidating too. :eek:

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I also have Ischnothele caudata (Brazilian Funnel Web), Macrothele Taiwanesis (Taiwan Giant Funnel Web), Linothele megatholoides (Columbian funnel web) and a Thelechoris striatipes (Tanzanian funnel web). :)

But what I would not give for a Atrax robustus (Sydney Funnel Web). One of the few elusive species to join my collection :(

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks. Very unusual web There is a piece of cork bark under there somewhere. The webs basically hug the ground unlike the rest of my funnel webs which web up every square inch of their enclosures.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Australian spiders are hard to come by in the U.S. Although I do currently have a Red Back. :cool:
Sweet. Any chance of some pics Denny? I'm not a keeper of Latrodectus, but I do like the looks of them. The red widow especially. Been meaning to try one of those. I'm surprised you got your hands on a redback..

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I am picking up some new widows this week so once they get here and I work on the enclosures, you shall have your pics :)

Latest posts