• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

E.ep red

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It didnt even looked like it molted. Lol

I didn't get mine until it was a year old and the first couple of moults that was how I felt. The last moult was in September and there was a little more noticeable growth but at just over 2 years old it's still only half an inch but hopefully there will be another moult soon.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I didn't get mine until it was a year old and the first couple of moults that was how I felt. The last moult was in September and there was a little more noticeable growth but at just over 2 years old it's still only half an inch but hopefully there will be another moult soon.
That seems to be the case with mine. But i got mine at 1/3" its almost a 1/4" now. almost,haha.

Pasodama

3 Year Member
My teeny tiny E. sp. red slings are still teeny tiny slings as well (even after a molt).
Am hoping to see them, as adults, by the time I am on my death bed.
Have to say, though, that they are cute little buggers, that are always "out & about", and do not exhibit the fear one would expect from their seeing what, to them, is an enormously gigantic giant of the universe.
Actually have character at their wee size.:)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My teeny tiny E. sp. red slings are still teeny tiny slings as well (even after a molt).
Have to say, though, that they are cute little buggers, that are always "out & about", and do not exhibit the fear one would expect from their seeing what, to them, is an enormously gigantic giant of the universe.

I totally agree, they have amazing personalities. Everyone should have one. :T:

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I agree it will come out to explore even tho its a small as it is. I call my LP "chicken" because it will charge out see me and run off in its hide, lol. I have to be careful with the e.sp tho it always wants to come out lol.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
IMG_0949.JPG
IMG_0950.JPG

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lmao. Im glad I got my E sp tiger as an adult..
Although over the last few years I've stopped feeding my spiders til they look like they're going to pop. It just seems safer, even if they do molt slower. Paranoia probably, but I don't like them too plump. I've seen a huge difference in my fast growing species, they're more medium growth now..Why do I always get off track..ramble ramble bleh.

Latest posts