• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Casey K's Tarantulas Review

aimi

3 Year Member
Received a beautiful Cyriopagopus schiodtei from Casey today. Communication is great and Casey always respond to me very quickly. I am so happy with my purchase. The T arrived in very good condition and in a very firm and secure packaging. Wrapped with many many many layers of paper towel.

Casey always offer the best price I could find anywhere. This is not the first time I buy from her, and I know I will be coming back to her for more!!!

tspivey16

3 Year Member
I wanted to update on the spiders that I purchased from CaseyK last year. I purchased six Ts - 2 Juveniles (Male and Female GBBs), 1 Adult female Metallic Pink Toe, and 3 slings (LP, Brazilian Giant White Knee, and a B. Smithi). All are doing great- not a single loss - and want to update with pics just to confirm the quality of items.

The slings are growing up! (Still don't know if Male/Female)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I wanted to update on the spiders that I purchased from CaseyK last year. I purchased six Ts - 2 Juveniles (Male and Female GBBs), 1 Adult female Metallic Pink Toe, and 3 slings (LP, Brazilian Giant White Knee, and a B. Smithi). All are doing great- not a single loss - and want to update with pics just to confirm the quality of items.

The slings are growing up! (Still don't know if Male/Female)

Awesome setups if I may say!!!! :). They are well taken care of as we can see! :).

newspidermom

3 Year Member
Recieved a very healthy AF H.lividum along with a free H. Incei olive sling from Casey. All i can say is Casey is such a sweetheart. Her communication is excellent and she cares deeply about the health and welfare of all her precious packages. I would highly recommend Casey and very much hope to deal with her again in the future. She's a huge asset to the hobby

Underclock

3 Year Member
I recently bought an A. francki from Casey. The experience was as you'd expect from reading her reviews.

She was in constant communication the entire time, which was nice. The turn around on the spider was also pretty good, I've dealt with users that can take up to two weeks to get an order to you from first communication.

The packaging was good, very secure, and she shipped a cool pack in with the spider at no additional charge. The spider was in a very secure medicine bottle type container, with ample airholes, wrapped in a damp paper towel. I'd have no fear of a spider dying if the shipping company got delayed a few days.

As for the spider herself, she's gorgeous. Her rump is nice and fat, she's clearly well fed. I'd also like to mention the availability of this species of spider. It's not a tarantula, it's a true spider, or some evolutionary stepping stone between the two, which is why I was interested in it. I'd never seen another one listed for sale, though I'll admit I haven't been looking very hard, and I haven't been in the hobby that long, it's still an interesting specimine to have, and I'm glad we have users like Casey here in the community with such a large stock of interesting and unusual animals.

And since I brought availability up, I'd like to mention the price point. I caught her free shipping deal in July of '16, which helped convince me, but the original price was usd 65. To me at least, this is an unusual specimine, and I'm sure at a reptile show at least, something like this could go for much much more. I wasn't specifically looking for this species, so the price is really what sold me on it. I didn't comparison shop, but it seemed like it was at least a price within reason, and I'm happy with it.

Over all, I'm happy I got to buy a spider from Casey, and hopefully I'll be able to deal with her again

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
I purchased a T. elenae from Casey K. As stated above, the experience was fantastic and exactly what one would expect from her reviews. She also was gracious enough to notice my love of Tappies and mission to collect them all so threw in a few extra gigas slings (aka 2).

Not only that, her price for an elenae was superb for the size it is (around 1"). Communication throughout the entire time was excellent, and she even agreed to hold off shipping the day she was ready to when Massachusetts was experience a heatwave.

All 3 arrived in excellent condition and right on time.

If you ever get the chance, do business with Casey for sure! It is a great experience.

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
Received my Purchase from Casey today. A lovely confirmed female Avicularia diversipes. As always the spider was fat and sassy, I have purchased many T's from Casey over the last year and would not hesitate to do so again.

Gscottjr

3 Year Member
I just received a B. vagans from Casey. She (the spider)looks well taken care of. Casey is awesome. Great communication and always responded to questions very quickly. Would order from any time. Thanks Casey

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I bought a B. Vagans (Mexican Red Rump) from Casey K on October 7/8th and was a very happy customer. Great prices and service. Communication was great and fast, she answered all my questions and shipped my little guy out the very next day. My t came happy and healthy and molted successfully 10 days after having him. Packing was very secure and safe for t's. If you get a chance to buy from Casey please do you will not be disappointed.
I'm getting ready to purchase a B. Smithi from Casey K. looking forward to it, very glad I read this review, thank you for posting this, Marissa Karto! Thank you again Casey K. for your integrity!

Djmantis

3 Year Member
We received our newest two members to our Tarantula Den (fb.com/TarantulaDen) today! We purchased a 3+ inch G. Pulchra from Casey. Other than being a little thirsty, our new girl "Smokey" is perfectly healthy and is settling in. Also, Casey through in a freebie, a B. albopilosum sling. Thanks a ton!
Box was tightly packed and well done for the safety of the Tarantulas.
I'd recommend buying from Casey if you have the chance!
Thanks again, hope to buy from you soon!
Mitch
The Tarantula Den

Mattkc

3 Year Member
Just completed a purchase with Casey this week. She is one of only a handful of breeders that I'm comfortable doing business with. Do not hesitate if you're considering purchasing from her. Her T's are packed extremely well and always arrive healthy and fat - not to mention some of the best prices out there! I'm also impressed that she is never too busy to help others with questions or problems in this hobby...she is a great asset to have in this hobby!

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have just received my absolutely beautiful B. Smithi and I am so elated! I just want to thank you, Casey K. from the bottom of my heart. Casey K. is the BEST and most PROFESSIONAL Tarantula vendor I have ever been in business with! I told her exactly what I was looking for and she was quite swift in her response to me. Though she did not have this one in her stock, she took special initiative to go and find one for me, she then purchased the Smithi, took 2 pictures of it and send it to me. When I saw the little darling T I fell in love, she is about 2 and 1/4 in leg span, so cute :) Casey kept contact with me every step of the way, she notified me when it shipped, gave me the tracking number, and it came in perfect time. Extremely well packed, when I opened the package, both T's were calm, alive, and well. The icing on the cake, Casey threw my a freebie sling, it's a C. Darlingi (Rear Horned Baboon) I love it! THANK YOU CASEY K! This was a great experience overall and from this point forward, Casey K will be my go to T vendor! I would definitely recommend Casey to any tarantula enthusiast out there. One love God bless you Casey!

Last edited:

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just completed a purchase with Casey this week. She is one of only a handful of breeders that I'm comfortable doing business with. Do not hesitate if you're considering purchasing from her. Her T's are packed extremely well and always arrive healthy and fat - not to mention some of the best prices out there! I'm also impressed that she is never too busy to help others with questions or problems in this hobby...she is a great asset to have in this hobby!
I am in the UK and never had the pkeasure to trade with @Casey K. A shame as I reckon we woukd have a really good sale/trade rhing going on. However, I 100% (no more Casey*) agree that she is a wonderful asset to the hobby, this forum and it's members. I have bothered her on more than one occasion and she is still not fed up with me yet, so although not a formal vendor review, please also see this is a personal endorsement oF Casey too.

*personal joke I have with Casey. ☺

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I am in the UK and never had the pkeasure to trade with @Casey K. A shame as I reckon we woukd have a really good sale/trade rhing going on. However, I 100% (no more Casey*) agree that she is a wonderful asset to the hobby, this forum and it's members. I have bothered her on more than one occasion and she is still not fed up with me yet, so although not a formal vendor review, please also see this is a personal endorsement oF Casey too.

*personal joke I have with Casey. ☺
Always a pleasure, sweety. ;)

Davidivad

3 Year Member
I just got my two tarantulas from Casey K. and all i can say is great service!, great communication!, Awesome Tarantulas!!!, and nice freebies! I look forward to buying more from you!!! Thanks for everything!!!

Sonorantree

3 Year Member
I just received my first purchased tarantula from Casey K. She was very helpful in many ways during this transaction. She was patient while I got things together to make up my mind on what I wanted. She sent PMs telling me the status of my order, when she was going to ship, the tracking number, etc. Then she followed up and tracked the package too, to let me know where it was and when it was scheduled. She has helped me with advise on how to set up and care for my new GBB female as well! I can't imagine anyone being able to do anything more for a buyer. It is as though I was getting this fine specimen from a good friend! Thank you Casey K!

Underclock

3 Year Member
Had another exceptional experience with Casey.

Picked up the 3 inch 1.1 P. metallica pair she was selling. $300 for the pair, I feel like I see singles going for that price.

She held onto the spiders for a week because of the cold and to make sure it doesn't get held over the weekend at the post office. I'm not impatient, and they were pretty important to me, so I'm happy she did it. She sent them the next monday, and upgraded the shipping to 2 day priority at no additional cost to me.

Let's talk about packaging for a minute. The pair was packaged in the same 4oz deli cup, very securly in their own little paper towel chamber. The same deli cup. I don't know how she managed that with a flighty species like that, but I was impressed. She told me she would post a video the next time she packs a pair like that, I really look forward to seeing it.

The spiders arrived fat and happy, as is typical for Casey's spiders. One had a missing leg, which isn't a big deal to me, it actually helped me confirm which was the male and which was the female.

She threw in a freebie, an H. gigas. I'm pretty excited about it, very unexpected and very appreciated. That'll be my first true pet hole, and I look forward to the experience.

Since the last time I dealt with her she switched over to using google wallet and no longer accepts paypal. She was very patient with me while I set it up.

Over all, as always, great customer service, great spiders, and and overwhelmingly positive experience buying from Casey. Would recomend.

Latest posts