• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can someone help me sex my Chaco Golden Knee?

Aqwa

3 Year Member
Hey everyone, I'm Aqwa and I'm new in tarantula keeping. Can someone please help me figure out whats the sex of my Chaco?

Attachments

• IMG_1530.JPG
    IMG_1530.JPG
    926.2 KB · Views: 285

Thistles

3 Year Member
Take the molt and open the abdominal part so we can see between the book lungs. I'm on my phone so I can't see much, but that pic is so dark that without Vanessa to work her lightening magic I'll have to rely on shape.

Aqwa

3 Year Member
Take the molt and open the abdominal part so we can see between the book lungs. I'm on my phone so I can't see much, but that pic is so dark that without Vanessa to work her lightening magic I'll have to rely on shape.
To be honest, I've accidentally ruined the molt while trying to examine it . :( But here's another picture with a better lighting. Hopefully you can see it.

Attachments

• IMG_1590.PNG
    IMG_1590.PNG
    5.7 MB · Views: 224

Telson

3 Year Member
I'm terrible at vent sexing, and it's frustrating to see a fresh molt sitting next to it that i could sex and give you a 100% answer..sorry man:( If it helps, usb microscopes can be had fairly cheap. A couple of bread tie wires, or fine tweezers, and google "tarantula spermathecae index" , plus a few practice molts, and you can sex any spider you have, as long as its large enough. Not preaching, just encouraging. Youll tear a few up but you'll get the hang of it pretty fast. Try it! (Actually a good magnifying glass works too)