• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Buddha n Kat's Kids;-)

Mungi's Buddha

3 Year Member
As promised here are some pics of most of our current T-Kids...Still have to catch some snaps of our two ornamental baboons though...they are a little camera shy...lol.
Enjoy!!

#1- Our 1st Pink Toe
PinkToeOne1217_zpsf188c80f.jpg

#2- Our 1st Rosie
RosieOne1217_zps2698ca5e.jpg

#3- Mexican Red Rump
RedRump1217_zps3d76ab59.jpg

#4- Chaco Golden Knee
CGoldenKnee1217_zps02d7b98d.jpg

#5- Salmon Pink Birdeater
Birdeater1217_zps042ae144.jpg

#6- Our 2nd Rosie
RosieTwo1217_zpsd0fac887.jpg

#7- Our Younger Long-legged Pink Toe
PinkToeTwo1217_zps09da1474.jpg

#8- Skeleton Number One
SkeletonOne1217_zps501244c5.jpg

#9- Skeleton Number Two
SkeletonTwo1217_zpsd0b707a8.jpg

and #10- Our Delightful Cobalt Blue :)
CobaltBlue1217_zps2d40277f.jpg

....more pics to come including ones of our beautiful pair of Ornamental Baboons as soon as I can catch them off guard!! lol

Have a great week,Folks!!

Mungi's Buddha

Atx13

3 Year Member
Nice pics! Does your H. Lividum(cobalt blue) have enough substrate to burrow? Those Skeletons(E. murinus i do believe?) are beautiful! I'm gonna have to get one myself.
Thanks for sharing your kids with us :p.

Mungi's Buddha

3 Year Member
Nice pics! Does your H. Lividum(cobalt blue) have enough substrate to burrow? Those Skeletons(E. murinus i do believe?) are beautiful! I'm gonna have to get one myself.
Thanks for sharing your kids with us :p.
Thanks Atx13!! Yes our Cobalt Blue has plenty of substrate...she is in a 10 gal and the substrate goes from right at 8 inches deep on the side she is on in the pic and slopes to about 6 inches deep on the other side of the tank. The cork round you see in the pic is at a 45 degree angle and goes to the bottom and she took right to it. That pic was taken earlier this evening when she was out prowling for dinner. Spends a lot of time in her burrow though as expected:)
The Skeletons, yes E. murinus, are one of my favorite ones too...ours have two totally different personalities Number One is very friendly and very curious but Number Two DOES NOT like to be messed with and is rather aggressive. I had read before we got them that their temperaments were erratic and I would have to agree but they are very cool. Their New World but there bodies have Old World looks.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Love that Skeleton. They're big burrowers too, so provide plenty of Sub. I supposedly have one(actually I have 6).. It's basically just a hole lol.

Mungi's Buddha

3 Year Member
Love that Skeleton. They're big burrowers too, so provide plenty of Sub. I supposedly have one(actually I have 6).. It's basically just a hole lol.
Thanks Kenny! Good to know on the Skeletons...I will add some more substrate in for them. When we got them they were in very shallow substrate (about an inch) and I had seen that they had made very heavy above ground web burrows. When I transferred them I put them in about 4-5 inches of substrate but will add a few more inches to give them plenty of room to play:)

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Promises are meant to be broken. :D
where's your H.Mac? I know mine just loves the camera (sarcasm lol)

Mungi's Buddha

3 Year Member
Promises are meant to be broken. :D
where's your H.Mac? I know mine just loves the camera (sarcasm lol)
LOL...no no no...I am blessed with the greatest lady any man could every dream of and she completely shares my passion for "critters"...two other things we have in common are that we don't lie and we keep our promises. Course both of us already have our January 2nd creature orders already started...lol
I almost caught on of my H.Macs out but as soon as he saw the cam raise up he gave me the finger and flew back down his burrow...lol..I will get them tho:)

Mungi's Buddha

3 Year Member
Got lucky...quick capture of one of our two Heteroscodra masculata-Togo Starburst(Ornamental) Baboons:) She is a very extensive webber both off the ground,on the ground and in her burrow. Caught her laying in wait for her dinner tonight..a second later she grabbed her roach and disappeared...lol..gotta love that:D

TogoStarburst_zps89b51615.jpg

Enjoy!!

Mungi's Buddha

3 Year Member
good looking Mac. Personally, I prefer much "Ornamental baboon" to Togo Starburst" :D
Yeah I just added Togo Starburst cause have had other folks get it confused when I tell them Ornamental and think I have Indian Ornamentals which I will eventually but as you know two totally different birds...lol:)