• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

broken banner ad

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not sure which one it is. I"ve been trying to browse the forums but about every other post a banner ad will try and load and reset and freeze the page. If i'm near the bottom of the page reading different posts it will pop me back up to the first ones and the page will freeze. It won't let me scroll up or down, it jumps back to the frozen position. If i'm just slightly off of that position when the reset happens then i get to watch my page bounce up and down from where i was reading to the frozen position and back, then repeat.

Anyone else having this problem?

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Got another broken banner add. It's a red "play" button icon thing with a line going through it, spins a circle around the play button like it's loading but fails, does this every 5 seconds or so. Each time it does it, it removes the cursor from the reply box so i can't type :p
upload_2017-3-28_8-48-53.png

I'm having to type all of my replies in NotePad and paste them to use the site. Doesn't matter what browser I use, it's the same ad. Doesn't matter what network i'm on (home, office, hotspot) it's the same broken ad.

Any way to control these ads? remove them or refresh them?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You sure its not a pop up blocker causing it, kormath? You're the computer guy, if I remember correctly, I'm just throwing it out there because I've had issues with them before.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You sure its not a pop up blocker causing it, kormath? You're the computer guy, if I remember correctly, I'm just throwing it out there because I've had issues with them before.
nope, we've disabled those by group policy for all browsers. The ad is gone now, or hasn't come up yet in the rotation of ads today ;)

Latest posts